IS THIS THE RIGHT APPLICATION FOR ME?
This application is for educators who are applying for a new administrator license they have never held before, earned by completing an out-of-state Educator Preparation Program (EPP). It should be used by educators who are applying for their first administrator license OR those educators adding on a new position to an existing administrator license.
Use the Application Checklist to ensure you have completed all the appropriate steps of the application. If you have not yet reviewed the Out of State Pathway page do so before continuing with the application directions.
If you do not fit into this category, please go back and select a different application.
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
DETERMINE IF YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING
- Use the Fingerprint Decision Tree below to determine if you must submit fingerprints. If you have determined that you need fingerprints, submit them electronically via our vendor Fieldprint.
- Preview the Conduct and Competency questionnaire. If needed, obtain supporting documentation for any “yes” answers to the conduct questions.
COLLECT YOUR DOCUMENTATION
Scan all documentation into files (.pdf, .doc/docx, .jpg/jpeg, .pages or .txt) that are 2MB or less in size
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities you have attended, including any credits that have been transferred from one institution to another
- A minimum of master’s degree or the equivalent is required. Superintendent license requires a specialist degree or equivalent; program coordinator licenses require a bachelor’s degree.
- PI-1612-AD Institutional Endorsement and Assurances form(s)
- If you do not already hold a teacher or pupil services license in Wisconsin you must also submit a PI-1612-T or PI-1612-P form to show that you are eligible for a teacher or pupil services license as well. If you will be applying for a teacher or pupil services license at this time the PI-1612 form is also required for the teacher or pupil services out-of-state application.
- Test score report(s)
- Test score report(s) from the state in which you completed your license program
- Reading Specialist applicants MUST include evidence verifying successful completion of the WI Foundations of Reading Test.
- PI-1613 Employment Verification form that verifies three years of experience as a teacher or three years of successful experience as pupil services professional including 540 hours of classroom teaching experience (school business administrator and program coordinator licenses are waived from this requirement).
- Use one employment verification form for each district at which you worked. For example, if you have worked at three different districts you will need to submit three different employment verification forms.
- If you are currently in your third year of employment the form must not be signed until after April 1st.
- NOTE: Reporting your experience will help in determining what license you potentially are eligible for and could reduce the number of stipulations you are cited.
LOGGING IN AND FINDING YOUR LICENSES
- If you do not already have an active Web Access Management System (WAMS) ID follow the directions on the Web Access Management System page to do so.
- Onboarding must be completed, whether or not you already hold or held a Wisconsin license. If you do have a Wisconsin license(s) you will see your license(s) at the end of the Oboarding process.
- If the name DPI has on file has changed, use License Lookup to determine what name is on file with DPI, as you will use that name in the Onboarding.
- If you have not already Onboarded your license record to your WAMS ID, follow the directions here to do so.
FINDING AND SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
FIND AND OPEN THE APPLICATION
Use the "My ELO" button below on this page (which can also be found in the top left-hand corner of any TEPDL webpage) to login to ELO with your WAMS ID and open your application. Once you have Onboarded your license record to your WAMS ID you will be brought to the Quick Start Menu. Find the APPLY FOR A NEW LICENSE section of the Quick Start Menu. Make the exact same choices in your three drop down menus as you see in the application screenshot in these directions and in the application checklist. Once you’ve made the appropriate choices in the drop down menus click the "GO!" button directly to the right of the drop down menus to open that application.
COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE APPLICATION
Read each page of the application, complete the page as instructed, and click “next” to move forward in the application. Once you reach the end of the application you will review your Application Summary and may edit information if necessary OR click the “SUBMIT” button to submit your application. You will receive an auto-generated application confirmation email with a PDF Application Summary attached shortly after submission. This email also contains directions for completing your application payment.
Use the "My ELO" button (which can also be found in the top left-hand corner of any TEPDL webpage) to login to ELO with your WAMS ID and open your application.
AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
CONDUCT AND COMPETENCY QUESTIONNAIRE AND PAYMENT
- You will complete the Conduct and Competency questionnaire right before submitting your application payment.
- Have either a credit card or pre-paid credit card ready for electronic payment. For fee amounts and additional payment information please see License Application Fees.
- You cannot pay with any other payment method.
- You will see the application(s) you’ve submitted in the "ELO Cart and Additional Activities" section of the Quick Start Menu along with a sentence that says "Submit C&C and Payment to Complete Application." Click the "GO!" button directly to the right of this sentence and you will begin the payment process and Conduct and Competency questionnaire. The first page in the payment process shows you each application you have submitted along with each application fee. The second page in the payment process shows you the total fee after bundling any possible application fees. Then you will answer the Conduct and Competency questionnaire (14 questions) before being prompted for your credit card number.
Our processing times vary throughout out the year. For current processing time, Check Application Status.