TIPS for teacher interns in the Wisconsin Improvement Program (WIP)
Be prepared BEFORE you login …
- Determine which email you will use to create a WAMS account (required to access ELO) and to use within ELO. With this email, you may also receive periodic communications from the DPI. If you do not have an email account, you will need to create one to proceed.
- Determine whether you need to get fingerprinted. For more info, see https://dpi.wi.gov/tepdl/licensing/fingerprint
- Preview the Conduct and Competency questions you will be answering in ELO at: https://dpi.wi.gov/tepdl/licensing/background
IF there is some type of misconduct that needs to be reported, prepare and attach a written explanation of what happened. You must also provide complete electronic (scanned) copies of documents associated with the matter that can corroborate / illuminate your explanation of the incident. These may include the criminal complaint, judgment of conviction, police reports, disciplinary letters/findings, correspondence, etc., as applicable. (Note: Court history information printed from the CCAP web site is NOT sufficient.)
- Have your credit card ready. If you do not already have a credit card, you should purchase a pre-paid credit card at a local convenience store.
- Obtain the Internship Request Number from your Wisconsin Educator Preparation Program so you can enter it during the application process.
Identify the Local Education Agency (school district) who will be hosting your internship.
For complete information about the Wisconsin Improvement Program, please see https://dpi.wi.gov/tepdl/programs/wip.