Directions for first-time orientation & mobility applicants:
- Create a WAMS (Wisconsin Access Management System) ID if you do not already have one.
- It is recommended that applicants use a personal email address when creating an ELO account. This email address must be available and accessible by the applicants as it will be the primary communication method from the licensing system.
- Please follow the instructions on the screen when setting up a WAMS account. There are links to the WAMS Help page and the WAMS FAQ page. For assistance in setting up WAMS account, contact Help Wisconsin Support
- Guide to creating a WAMS ID
- If you have ever held a license or permit issued by DPI, successfully "onboard" into the ELO system - Onboarding Instructions
- Determine whether you need to get fingerprinted. For more info, see http://dpi.wi.gov/tepdl/licensing/fingerprint
Preview the Conduct and Competency questions you will be answering in ELO at: https://dpi.wi.gov/tepdl/licensing/background
IF there is some type of misconduct that needs to be reported, prepare and attach a written explanation of what happened. You must also provide complete electronic (scanned) copies of documents associated with the matter that can corroborate / illuminate your explanation of the incident. These may include the criminal complaint, judgment of conviction, police reports, disciplinary letters/findings, correspondence, etc., as applicable. (Note: Court history information printed from the CCAP web site is NOT sufficient.)
Scan your transcripts into a PDF file that is less than 2 MB in size and save the file so that it is readily available to upload into ELO. Transcripts may be unofficial or "issued to student."
Have your credit card ready. If you do not have a credit card, purchase a pre-paid credit card at a convenience store.
Log into the ELO system - http://elo.wieducatorlicensing.org to apply. Find the section toward the bottom of the window for starting a new license application. Here are the choices you should make, then click Select and follow the directions.