Directions for first-time program coordinator applicants who completed a program in Wisconsin
- Confirm that your Educator Preparation Program (EPP) has already submitted your endorsement to the DPI. This Endorsed Candidates for Licensure (ECL) data is required to complete your online license application. If you are unsure whether your EPP has submitted this data to the DPI, please contact the Certification Officer at your EPP.
- Create a WAMS (Wisconsin Access Management System) ID if you do not already have one.
- It is recommended that applicants use a personal email address when creating an ELO account. This email address must be available and accessible by the applicants as it will be the primary communication method from the licensing system.
- Please follow the instructions on the screen when setting up a WAMS account. There are links to the WAMS Help page and the WAMS FAQ page. For assistance in setting up WAMS account, contact Help Wisconsin Support
- Guide to creating a WAMS ID
- Successfully "onboard" into the ELO system if you have ever been issued a license by DPI - Onboarding Instructions
- Determine whether you need to get fingerprinted. For more info, see https://dpi.wi.gov/tepdl/licensing/fingerprint
- Preview the Conduct and Competency questions you will be answering in ELO at: https://dpi.wi.gov/tepdl/licensing/background
IF there is some type of misconduct that needs to be reported, prepare and attach a written explanation of what happened. You must also provide complete electronic (scanned) copies of documents associated with the matter that can corroborate / illuminate your explanation of the incident. These may include the criminal complaint, judgment of conviction, police reports, disciplinary letters/findings, correspondence, etc., as applicable. (Note: Court history information printed from the CCAP web site is NOT sufficient.)
- Have your credit card ready. If you do not already have a credit card, you should purchase a pre-paid credit card at a convenience store.
- Log into the ELO system - http://elo.wieducatorlicensing.org to apply. The bottom section allows you to start a new application: