IS THIS THE RIGHT APPLICATION FOR ME?
This application is for applicants who hold a currently active professional teacher, administrator or pupil services license in the state of Wisconsin that expires this year and have completed the professional development requirements to renew. You cannot apply to renew your license until the year in which the license expires. If you are unsure if your license expires this year use License Lookup to verify your expiration date.
Use the Application Checklist to ensure you have completed all appropriate steps of the application. You may also use the video application directions at the bottom of this page to assist you in filling out each page of the application.
If you do not fit into this category, please go back and select a different application.
- You will need electronic copies of all documents you are planning to submit.
- Do not have documents sent directly to the DPI (electronically or by US Mail). Allow for transcript processing time from the college or university you will be requesting transcripts from.
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
DETERMINE IF YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING
- Use the Fingerprint Decision Tree to determine if you must submit fingerprints. If you have determined that you need fingerprints, submit them electronically via our vendor Fieldprint. The code that you will need when making your appointment: FPWIDPITeach
- Preview the Conduct and Competency form. If applicable, obtain supporting documentation for any “yes” answers to the conduct questions and scan it into a file less than 2 MB in size.
- Obtain a transcript that verifies completion of 6 semester credits or 9 quarter credits
- Credits need to be completed during the valid dates of your soon-to-expire license in order to be applied towards renewal. Example: John Doe has a license that is valid from July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2017. His credits must be completed within those dates to be used for renewal.
- Scan the transcript into a file that is 2 MB or smaller. Acceptable files are:
- Submit PDP completion verification using either QEI or WECAN
- Please allow one day between submitting your PDP verification and accessing your application in ELO. The ELO system must run a nightly update for you to see the PDP verification in your application.
- PDP verification must be completed before the expiration date of your license
LOGGING IN AND FINDING YOUR LICENSES
- If you do not already have an active Web Access Management System (WAMS) ID follow the directions on the Web Access Management System page to do so.
- If you have not already Onboarded your license record to your WAMS ID follow the directions on the Onboarding page to do so.
- If your name has changed use License Lookup to determine what name is on file with DPI, as you will need that name in the Onboarding.
- Once you have Onboarded use the Quick Start Directions to help determine what licenses expire this year.
FINDING AND SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
FIND AND OPEN THE APPLICATION
Use the "My ELO" button below on this page (which can also be found in the top left-hand corner of any TEPDL webpage) to login to ELO with your WAMS ID and open your application. Once you have Onboarded your license record to your WAMS ID you will be brought to the Quick Start Menu. Find the MANAGE YOUR EXISTING LICENSES section of the Quick Start Menu. Make the exact same choice in your drop down menu as you see in the application screenshots in these directions and in the application checklist. Once you’ve made the appropriate choice in the drop down menu click the "GO!" button directly to the right of the drop down menu to open that application.
COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE APPLICATION
Read each page of the application, complete the page as instructed, and click “next” to move forward in the application. Once you reach the end of the application you will review your Application Summary and may edit information if necessary OR click the “SUBMIT” button to submit your application. You will receive an auto-generated application confirmation email with a PDF Application Summary attached shortly after submission. This email also contains directions for completing your application payment.
NOTE: Submit one renewal application for every license number that expires this year. You can use License Lookup to determine how many license numbers you have. The license number is also shown for each license in the MANAGE YOUR EXISTING LICENSES section of the Quick Start Menu, shown in the screenshots below. It is possible to have a one teaching license with one license number, but multiple subjects areas on that license. In this case you would only submit one application. If you hold a teaching license and an administrative license that both expire this year, you will have two license numbers and will therefore need to submit two applications.
Option 1: Renew with 6 Semester Credits
Option 2: Renew with Verified PDP
Use the "My ELO" button (which can also be found in the top left-hand corner of any TEPDL webpage) to login to ELO with your WAMS ID and open your application.
AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
CONDUCT AND COMPETENCY QUESTIONNAIRE AND PAYMENT
- You will complete the Conduct and Competency questionnaire right before submitting your application payment.
- Have either a credit card or pre-paid credit card ready for electronic payment. For fee amounts and additional payment information please see License Application Fees.
- You cannot pay with any other payment method.
- You will see the application(s) you’ve submitted in the "ELO Cart and Additional Activities" section of the Quick Start Menu along with a sentence that says "Submit C&C and Payment to Complete Application." Click the "GO!" button directly to the right of this sentence and you will begin the payment process and Conduct and Competency questionnaire. The first page in the payment process shows you each application you have submitted along with each application fee. The second page in the payment process shows you the total fee after bundling any possible application fees. Then you will answer the Conduct and Competency questionnaire (14 questions) before being prompted for your credit card number.
Our processing times vary throughout out the year. For current processing times Check Application Status.