IS THIS THE RIGHT APPLICATION FOR ME?
This application is for applicants who hold a one-year professional teacher, administrator or pupil services license in the state of Wisconsin that expires this year and have completed the professional development requirements to obtain their five-year license. You cannot apply to upgrade your license until the year in which the license expires or later. If you are unsure if your license expires this year use License Lookup to verify your expiration date.
Use the Application Checklist to ensure you have completed all appropriate steps of the application.
If you do not fit into this category, please go back and select a different application.
- You will need electronic copies of all documents you are planning to submit.
- Do not have documents sent directly to the DPI (electronically or by US Mail).
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
DETERMINE IF YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING
- Use the document below to determine if you must submit fingerprints. If you have determined that you need fingerprints, submit them electronically via our vendor Fieldprint.
- Preview the Conduct and Competency form. If applicable, obtain supporting documentation for any “yes” answers to the conduct questions.
- Obtain a transcript that verifies completion of 6 semester credits or 9 quarter credits
- Credits need to be completed during the five years immediately preceding the start date of the new license.
- Scan the transcript into a file that is 2 MB or smaller
- Submit PDP completion verification using either QEI or WECAN
- Please allow one day between submitting your PDP verification and accessing your application in ELO. The ELO system must run a nightly update for you to see the PDP verification in your application.
- The last Team Member signature date of your PDP verification must be completed by June 30th of the year in which your license expires.
LOGGING IN AND FINDING YOUR LICENSES
- If you do not already have an active Web Access Management System (WAMS) ID follow the directions on the Web Access Management System page to do so.
- If you have not already Onboarded your license record to your WAMS ID follow the directions on the Onboarding page to do so.
- If your name has changed use License Lookup to determine what name is on file with DPI, as you will that name in the onboarding.
- Once you have onboarded use the Quick Start Directions to help determine what license(s) expire this year.
FINDING AND SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
FIND AND OPEN THE APPLICATION
Use the "My ELO" button below on this page (which can also be found in the top left-hand corner of any TEPDL webpage) to login to ELO with your WAMS ID and open your application. Once you have Onboarded your license record to your WAMS ID you will be brought to the Quick Start Menu. Find the MANAGE YOUR EXISTING LICENSES section of the Quick Start Menu. Make the exact same choice in your drop down menu as you see in the application screenshots in these directions and in the application checklist. Once you’ve made the appropriate choice in the drop down menu click the "GO!" button directly to the right of the drop down menu to open that application.
COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE APPLICATION
Read each page of the application, complete the page as instructed, and click “next” to move forward in the application. Once you reach the end of the application you will review your Application Summary and may edit information if necessary OR click the “SUBMIT” button to submit your application. You will receive an auto-generated application confirmation email with a PDF Application Summary attached shortly after submission. This email also contains directions for completing your application payment.
Use the "My ELO" button (which can also be found in the top left-hand corner of any TEPDL webpage) to login to ELO with your WAMS ID and open your application.
AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
CONDUCT AND COMPETENCY QUESTIONNAIRE AND PAYMENT
- You will complete the Conduct and Competency questionnaire right before submitting your application payment.
- Have either a credit card or pre-paid credit card ready for electronic payment. For fee amounts and additional payment information please see License Application Fees.
- You cannot pay with any other payment method.
- You will see the application(s) you’ve submitted in the "ELO Cart and Additional Activities" section of the Quick Start Menu along with a sentence that says "Submit C&C and Payment to Complete Application." Click the "GO!" button directly to the right of this sentence and you will begin the payment process and Conduct and Competency questionnaire. The first page in the payment process shows you each application you have submitted along with each application fee. The second page in the payment process shows you the total fee after bundling any possible application fees. Then you will answer the Conduct and Competency questionnaire (14 questions) before being prompted for your credit card number.
Our processing times vary throughout out the year. For current processing times see Check Application Status.