IS THIS THE RIGHT APPLICATION FOR ME?
This application is for applicants who hold a one-year professional teacher, administrator or pupil services license in the state of Wisconsin that expires this year and have completed the professional development requirements to obtain their five-year license. You cannot apply to upgrade your license until the year in which the license expires or later. If you are unsure if your license expires this year use License Lookup to verify your expiration date.
Use the Application Checklist to ensure you have completed all appropriate steps of the application.
If you do not fit into this category, please go back and select a different application.
- You will need electronic copies of all documents you are planning to submit.
- Do not have documents sent directly to the DPI (electronically or by US Mail).
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
DETERMINE IF YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING
- Use the document below to determine if you must submit fingerprints. If you have determined that you need fingerprints, submit them electronically via our vendor Fieldprint.
- Preview the Conduct and Competency form. If applicable, obtain supporting documentation for any “yes” answers to the conduct questions.
- Obtain a transcript that verifies completion of 6 semester credits or 9 quarter credits
- Credits need to be completed during the five years immediately preceding the start date of the new license.
- Scan the transcript into a file that is 2 MB or smaller
- Submit PDP completion verification using either QEI or WECAN
- Please allow one day between submitting your PDP verification and accessing your application in ELO. The ELO system must run a nightly update for you to see the PDP verification in your application.
- The last Team Member signature date of your PDP verification must be completed by June 30th of the year in which your license expires.
LOGGING IN AND FINDING YOUR LICENSES
- If you do not already have an active Web Access Management System (WAMS) ID please create one.
- If you have not already onboarded your license record to your WAMS ID, follow the directions here to do so.
Once you have completed all of the pre-application requirements login to ELO using your WAMS ID, you will be on the ELO Quick Start Menu. Use the screenshots below to see how to choose the appropriate application on the Quick Start Menu.
Option 1: Upgrade with Credits
Option 2: Upgrade with PDP
Use the "My ELO" button (which can also be found in the top left-hand corner of any TEPDL webpage) to login to ELO and open your application.
AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
CONDUCT AND COMPETENCY QUESTIONNAIRE AND PAYMENT
- You will complete the Conduct and Competency questionnaire right before submitting your application payment.
- Have either a credit card or pre-paid credit card ready for electronic payment. For fee amounts see application fees.
You cannot pay with any other payment method.
Our processing times vary throughout out the year. For current processing times see Check Application Status.