IS THIS THE RIGHT APPLICATION FOR ME?
This application is for teachers, administrators or pupil services professionals who hold or previously held a Five-Year Substitute license and wish to hold this license again.
Use the Application Checklist to ensure you have completed all appropriate steps of the application.
If you do not fit into this category, please go back and select a different application.
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
DETERMINE IF YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING
- Use the document below to determine if you must submit fingerprints. If you have determined that you need fingerprints, submit them electronically via our vendor Fieldprint.
- Preview the Conduct and Competency form. If applicable, obtain supporting documentation for any “yes” answers to the conduct questions.
LOGGING IN AND FINDING YOUR LICENSES
- If you do not already have an active Web Access Management System (WAMS) ID follow the directions on the Web Access Management System page to do so.
- If you have not already Onboarded your license record to your WAMS ID follow the directions on the Onboarding page to do so.
- If your name has changed use License Lookup to determine what name is on file with DPI, as you will use that name in the Onboarding.
- Once you have Onboarded use the Quick Start Directions to help determine what licenses expire this year.
FINDING AND SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
FIND AND OPEN THE APPLICATION
Use the "My ELO" button below on this page (which can also be found in the top left-hand corner of any TEPDL webpage) to login to ELO with your WAMS ID and open your application. Once you have Onboarded your license record to your WAMS ID you will be brought to the Quick Start Menu. Find the APPLY FOR A NEW LICENSE section of the Quick Start Menu. Make the exact same choices in your three drop down menus as you see in the application screenshots in these directions and in the application checklist. Once you’ve made the appropriate choices in the drop down menus click the "GO!" button directly to the right of the drop down menus to open that application.
COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE APPLICATION
Read each page of the application, complete the page as instructed, and click “next” to move forward in the application. Once you reach the end of the application you will review your Application Summary and may edit information if necessary OR click the “SUBMIT” button to submit your application. You will receive an auto-generated application confirmation email with a PDF Application Summary attached shortly after submission. This email also contains directions for completing your application payment.
NOTE: DPI has made some changes to the coding of five-year substitute license, so this means you won't have a renewal application. You will apply for a new substitute license. You can apply for a new five-year substitute license by using the Request New Substitute (1024) application form located under Apply for a New License (this includes licenses listed as T601 on License Lookup). You may upload a copy of your current or expired substitute license in place of the transcripts requested on the Application Attachments page. If you are not able to access a copy of the license you can upload a word document that contains the license information shown in License Lookup to prove you hold or have held this license.
Use the "My ELO" button (which can also be found in the top left-hand corner of any TEPDL webpage) to login to ELO with your WAMS ID and open your application.
AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- You will complete the Conduct and Competency questionnaire right before submitting your application payment.
- Have either a credit card or pre-paid credit card ready for electronic payment. For fee amounts and additional payment information please see License Application Fees.
- You cannot pay with any other payment method.
- You will see the application(s) you’ve submitted in the "ELO Cart and Additional Activities" section of the Quick Start Menu along with a sentence that says "Submit C&C and Payment to Complete Application." Click the "GO!" button directly to the right of this sentence and you will begin the payment process and Conduct and Competency questionnaire. The first page in the payment process shows you each application you have submitted along with each application fee. The second page in the payment process shows you the total fee after bundling any possible application fees. Then you will answer the Conduct and Competency questionnaire (14 questions) before being prompted for your credit card number.
Our processing times vary throughout the year. For current processing times see the Check Application Status page.