You are here

Fingerprint Decision Tree

State Budget Licensure Changes

Important NoticeEducators who hold a Professional or Master Educator license that was supposed to expire on June 30, 2018, DO NOT NEED TO APPLY to renew their license with credits or a PDP.  The state budget has removed the expiration dates from these licenses, and we are working to have license lookup reflect that.

Please visit the Latest Licensing News blog for information on the state budget's impact on licensure. All available information has been posted to the Latest Licensing News blog. Please Note: the first post relating to the new license rules was written September 22nd.

The following questions will determine whether fingerprints are required with your DPI application. Answer “no” or “yes” to each question as it appears. Once you have answered all questions you will be told whether fingerprints are required with your application. If fingerprints are required you will be provided with your next steps.

Within the last 20 years, but only since you turned age 17, have you physically lived, worked, or attended school...

In Great Britain(England, Scotland,or Wales)?
In Canada?
In a U.S. Territory (AmericanSamoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, or the U. S. Virgin Islands)?
In a state other than Wisconsin?

You MUST submit fingerprints with this license application

Do you CURRENTLY reside OUTSIDE the U.S.?

You must request paper fingerprint cards from DPI.

Please email

You must submit electronic fingerprints through Fieldprint at:

Electronic Fingerprint Submission

When scheduling, use Fieldprint reason code of FPWIDPITeach

Fingerprints are NOT required with this license application.