You are here

JROTC Teaching License

DPI is currently receiving a high volume of contacts for assistance.  The four most common topics of discussion are:

Latest Licensing News

Help with WAMS IDs

Before you can submit an application to DPI, you must register for a Web Access Management Systems (WAMS) user ID.

How to set up a WAMS account

Already have one or more WAMS accounts?

How to start your WAMS account recovery:

Perform a WAMS account recovery for all emails you have. Enter your email address but do NOT enter your User ID to start your WAMS account recovery. Once in the account recovery process you will be prompted to change your password. After you change your password you will be told in parentheses what your correct User ID is. Please make note of that before you terminate the account recovery session. Once you have recovered all WAMS accounts you have, login to ELO with each of your accounts individually. If you can see your licenses, you are logging in with the correct WAMS account. If you are taken through the Onboarding process again, you are not using the correct WAMS account and should try another account.

If you encounter errors in the WAMS account recovery process, please contact WAMS directly.  DPI is unable to help with WAMS recovery because the system is used by many state agencies and is run by the Department of Administration:

The Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps teaching license (JROTC teaching license) is available to educators teaching JROTC classes in Wisconsin.  Educators are not required to hold the JROTC teaching permit to teach JROTC classes.  To be eligible for the JROTC teaching license educators must meet the following requirements:

  • hold a valid JROTC instructor certification from one of the following branches of the military

    • United States Army
    • United States Navy
    • United States Air Force
    • United States Marine Corps

Additionally, all DPI teaching licenses require a bachelors degree.  This license is valid for five years and is renewable.  

To apply for the DPI JROTC Teaching License, follow the Directions for an Uncommon Request.