In order to apply for and participate in the WMEAP process, interested candidates must:
- Meet eligibility requirements.
- Apply for the license using the Educator Licensing Online system by March 31st.
- Based on approved application, develop and complete 4 portfolio entries over 1-2 years during the WMEAP process.
- Submit portfolio for assessments.
- For details of the initial application process, please refer to the WMEAP Tip Sheet.
All timelines for WMEAP application are strictly enforced. Late, incomplete, or ineligible applications will be disqualified.
All applications for WMEAP are reviewed by a team of DPI-trained assessors for approval or denial. Follow the guidelines and examples in the relevant guidebook closely to help ensure a complete and strong application.
The list of Master Educators in Wisconsin who are available for consultation is available in Appendix C.
- WMEAP Tip Sheet
- PI-1613-WMEAP Employment Verification form
- PI-1610 WMEAP Appendix
- WMEAP Administrator Handbook
- WMEAP Teacher Handbook
- WMEAP Pupil Services Handbook