- No Bachelor's degree
- High School graduate
- Returning adult student
- First teaching license in WI
Seeking a Teaching License, but don't have a bachelor's degree?
People who fit this pathway profile are high school graduates or returning adult students who wish to pursue a career in teaching. This pathway requires the candidate to complete a bachelor's degree and an approved teacher preparation program at a Wisconsin college/university. Upon completion, the Wisconsin college/university will endorse you for a Wisconsin license.
Download a PDF version of the video.
If you fit this pathway profile:
- DECIDE what you are interested in teaching.
- IDENTIFY the Wisconsin colleges/universities that are approved to prepare teachers for the Wisconsin teaching license you are seeking using the following link: Find a Prep Program
- CONTACT the college/university directly to learn about their program and enrollment. Here are Public IHE Contacts and Private IHE Contacts.
- COMPLETE the bachelor's degree.
- COMPLETE all the requirements of the approved teacher licensure program.
- APPLY for a Wisconsin Initial Educator License using the ELO System.