- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of teaching experience in PK-12, postsecondary, and/or industry
- Major or major equivalent in content area
- May have completed alternative-route teacher preparation program in another state or a teacher preparation program in another country
- May be a teacher in a private or charter school, postsecondary education, or a workplace
Seeking a Teaching License, already completed a bachelor's degree, and have teaching experience?
People who fit this pathway profile have three years of teaching experience and are unlicensed private school teachers, postsecondary teachers, or candidates who have completed an alternative route preparation program outside Wisconsin. This pathway profile may also include candidates with 3 years of industry teaching experience. Candidates in this pathway have not completed a Wisconsin recognized and approved educator preparation program. Three years of teaching experience and a performance-based assessment process will be used to determine competency in the Wisconsin educator standards. These programs are for licensure only and do not lead to a degree.
Download a PDF version of the video here.
If you fit this pathway profile:
- Work directly with one of the providers in the chart below.
- Complete all the requirements of the program you choose. The provider will assist you in completing the application materials for licensure.
|Licensed Based on Equivalency (LBE)||Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction||Wisconsin DPI LBE|
|Assessment-Based Licensure for Educators (ABLE)||EducatorsAbroad||ABLE|