You are here

International and Guest Teacher Exchange Pathway

Lifetime Licenses Created

Important Notice

As required in the 2017-18 state budget, conversion of current Professional and Master Educator licenses to Lifetime licenses is complete.  If you wish to print a copy of your Lifetime license, please follow the four numbered steps below:

  1. Access your ELO Account
  2. Navigate to the “Manage Your Existing Licenses” section of the Quick Start Menu
  3. Choose “Print license certificate” from the drop down menu and click “Go!”
  4. Based on your browser’s default behavior, a file will be available for you to open or download.

Candidate Profile

  • Equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor's degree as verified by international credentialing service
  • 3 years of teaching experience
  • Seeking time-limited Wisconsin license

Seeking a Wisconsin Teaching License as an out-of-country applicant for a time-limited teaching assignment?

People who fit this pathway profile are being supported by a Wisconsin public school district as part of an international teaching exchange program or as an international guest teacher. Candidates must have 3 years of teaching experience and have the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor's degree as verified by an international credentialing agency. This pathway is designed to provide time-limited licensure to allow eligible educators from other nations to come to the U.S. to teach in Wisconsin.


If you fit this pathway profile:

  1. DETERMINE your eligibility and follow the steps identified here: International and Guest Teacher Exchange
  2. SEEK school district assistance to complete the application process.
  3. APPLY for a Wisconsin License using the ELO System.