- Bachelor's degree
- Career changer, entering teaching
- Educator seeking additional license
- College graduate, seeking MS degree in a new content area
Seeking a Teaching License and already completed a bachelor's degree?
People who fit this pathway profile are career changers, college graduates seeking to become teachers for the first time, or Wisconsin educators wishing to obtain additional licensure. Having earned a Bachelor's degree, these candidates choose to return to a Wisconsin college/university approved to offer teacher licensure program. Post Baccalaureate programs provide subject area and teaching coursework that lead to teacher licensure only or towards a master's degree program.
Download a PDF version of the video.
If you fit this pathway profile:
- DECIDE what you are interested in teaching.
- IDENTIFY the Wisconsin colleges/universities that are approved to prepare teachers for the Wisconsin teaching license you are seeking using the following: Find a Prep Program
- CONTACT the college/university directly to learn about their program and enrollment. Here are Public IHE Contacts and Private IHE Contacts.
- COMPLETE all the requirements of the approved teacher licensure program.
- APPLY for a Wisconsin Initial Educator License using the ELO system.