The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction’s Division for Libraries and Technology is supporting the continuing education endeavors of public librarians and public library staff throughout the state in areas surrounding the effective use of data, outcome evaluation, and communicating impact. The Division for Libraries and Technology is providing scholarships to attend the Research Institute for Public Libraries (RIPL). These scholarships are supported by the state appropriation for the collection and maintenance of data in Wis. Stat. s. 43.06.
The 2020 RIPL cohort participants were competitively selected from a large group of applicants for a limited number of spaces. This cohort will participate in a group orientation to align individual library efforts to statewide initiative to improve the use of data in public libraries throughout Wisconsin and to help maximize their RIPL experience.
Division for Libraries and Technology scholarship recipients:
- Erica Brewster, Director, Edward U. Demmer Memorial Library (Three Lakes), Wisconsin Valley Library Service
- Dominic Frandrup, Director, Antigo Public Library, Wisconsin Valley Library Service
- Candace Maulson, Computer/Inter-library clerk, Ben Guthrie--Lac du Flambeau Public Library, Northern Waters Library Service
- Bryan J. McCormick, Library Director, Hedberg Public Library (Janesville), Arrowhead Library System
- Tanya S. Misselt, Library Director, River Falls Public Library, IFLS Library System
- Robert Nunez, Division Head of Support Services, Kenosha Public Library—Administration Office, Kenosha County Library System
- Derek Reilly, Research & Policy Analyst, Milwaukee Public Library—Central Library, Milwaukee County Federated Library System
- Tonya St. Germaine, Circulation Clerk, Ben Guthrie--Lac du Flambeau Public Library, Northern Waters Library Service
- Jeanne Wolfe, Director, Ben Guthrie--Lac du Flambeau Public Library, Northern Waters Library Service
RIPL scholarship recipients for staff working in small and rural public libraries. These scholarships are funded by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS):
- Joseph Davies, Library Director, Burlington Public Library, Lakeshores Library System
- Kirsten Almo, Edgerton Public Library, Edgerton Public Library, Arrowhead Library System
- Elizabeth Miniatt, Director, D.R. Moon Memorial Library (Stanley), IFLS Library System
In addition to the scholarship recipients, Jody Hoesly, Data Consultant for the South Central Library System, was competitively selected to act as a facilitator at RIPL. Jody’s registration is financed by the state appropriation for collection and maintenance of data.
If you are interested in attending RIPL, the early bird public registration opened on Monday, February 3, 2020.
Where: The Eaglewood Resort & Spa, 1401 Nordic Road, Itasca, IL 60143
When: July 12-15, 2020
Cost: Registration is $1,300 and includes lodging and meals. After March 1, the fee is $1,450.
For more information about RIPL, see the RIPL 2020 event page or the Division for Libraries and Technology’s RIPL 2020 page.