DPI Security Overview
As district personnel, you are part of a 3-tiered hierarchy to manage security in your district for DPI applications:
- Level 1 Security
- District Security Administrators (DSAs)
- Level 2 Security
- Application Administrators
- Level 3 Security
- Application Users
- (Teachers, Administrators, other district personnel)
Student Data Access Architecture Visual
Proper District Setup Steps
Step 1: Complete DSA setup for your district.
The District Security Administrator (DSA) is the gatekeeper in the district for managing access to DPI Application Security Manager (ASM) for all Application Administrators, as well as access to all Secure Home applications.
- To be added as a secondary/delegate DSA:
- Instruct your current DSA to fill out the District Administrator Authorization Form.
- If no DSA currently exists, request access:
Step 2: As DSA, set up other users as Application Administrators for your DPI applications in ASM.
- Ensure all Application Administrators to whom you wish to grant access have created WAMS IDs.
- Log in to Secure Home using your WAMS ID and select DPI Application Security Manager (ASM).
- Click Add|Edit in the top right of the screen.
- Select DPI Application Security Manager (ASM) in the Application drop down field.
- Enter the WAMS ID for the Application Administrator you want to add in the Search Users display.
- Click Search.
- Click the radio button next to the name of the User you want to designate for the Application Administrator role and then click Select. The User field will display the Application Administrator’s name.
- Select your district in the District drop down field.
- Click All Schools in the School box.
- A list of current "Available Roles” and “Current Roles” will display for the designated User.
- To add a role for this user, click the role name under the “Available Roles” listed and click Add. The role name is moved to the “Current Role” box.
- To remove a role for this user, click the role name under the “Current Roles” listed and click Remove. The role name is moved to the “Available Roles” box.
- Click View Changes in the lower right of the screen.
- Review the changes under the title “Following delegations were made.”
- Click Confirm Changes in the lower left of the screen to accept and administer the changes.
Step 3: Application Admin(s) delegate access to your Application Users (Teachers, Administrators, other district personnel).
- Ensure all Application Users to whom you wish to grant access have created WAMS IDs.
- Log in to Secure Home using a WAMS ID and select DPI Application Security Manager (ASM).
- Click “Add|Edit” on the top right of the screen.
- Select the application to which you are adding the Application User in the “Application” drop down field.
- Enter the Application User’s WAMS ID in the Search Users display and then click Search.
- Click the radio button next to the name for the Application User you want to designate and click Select. The Application User’s name displays in the User field.