If you already have a WAMS account and you are starting work at a new Wisconsin school district, you need to either update your WAMS account to use your new district email address or create a new WAMS account at your new district.
You should not use your old district email address for your new district. Your new district will assign access using your new email address. It is also very helpful for you to ask your prior district’s security administrator (DSA) to remove your old user roles.
If you are unable to access your WAMS account click the Account Recovery link in the WAMS application and follow those instructions.
Updating Your WAMS Account
Changing Your WAMS Account Email Address
To change the email address on your WAMS account:
- Log in to the Web Access Management System (WAMS).
- Click Profile Management.
- Update your email address and review all other profile information to ensure it’s up to date.
- When you’re done, click Submit.
Creating a New WAMS Account
If you would prefer to create a new WAMS account at your new district:
- Go to the WAMS homepage.
- Select Self Registration.
- Provide the required information.
- IMPORTANT: When you receive a confirmation email from the WAMS system, follow the link given to log in and verify your account
For assistance with this process or anything WAMS related, please use the Help Wisconsin Support link at the bottom of the page from the WAMS application. WAMS is not managed by DPI. This means submitting a help ticket to the WISE customer service team will not help resolve any WAMS issues, and you will be directed to the WAMS help link at the bottom of the page.