What is WISEid?
What is a WISEid?
Who can use WISEid?
From where can I access WISEid?
Where can I find the WISEid person upload file format?
What is a potential match?
How do I work potential matches?
How can I report a person with two WISEids?
Where is a file that I can upload into my SIS (student information system) or HR system?
Whom do I contact for support?
A WISEid is a unique, permanent, and unduplicated person identifier assigned to each person by DPI.
It's important to note that a WISEid is NOT the same as a Local Person ID, nor does it serve the same function. Assigning a Local Person ID to a student or staff allows a district to "claim" or link the district to that person. This is essential because the person's unique WISEid record is shared among any district associated with that staff or student; therefore, in order to send data for a particular person from your district, you need to assign a Local Person ID. If you don't populate the Local Person ID field, those person records are not pulled during a student or staff download file.
Staff members who need to be associated to a section in Roster are also required to have Local Person IDs assigned. Schools must assign staff both a WISEid and Local Person ID to properly pull into WISEdata for Roster.
WISEid is available to school personnel who have had their DSA (District Security Administrator) set them up with WISEid roles in ASM by using their WAMS ID.
Use your WAMS ID and password to log into the application via the Secure Home.
The file format may be located in the following WISEid Person Upload File Format. If needed, a person template is available within the upload function to easily create a file to upload.
There are two methods to view the same potential match.
- You may click the number under the Potential Matches column within Results to view the potential match.
- Or, from the File Task menu, click the Review Matches link.
- Click Review to review a potential match.
- Here, make sure the first name, middle name, if available, last name, birth date, race, and parent/guardian information match.
- There may be circumstances where some fields may be a close match, so please do your research to ensure a duplicate WISEid does not get created.
- You can also click Remove to delete the potential match.
View a training video by clicking here for guidance.