Brief Step-by-Step Overview
- Get a list of students who need WISEids. Typically a report or utility is available within your local Student Information System (SIS) that allows you to create a WISEid Person file for the students enrolled at your school. Please contact your SIS vendor for questions on how to use the WISEid functions within your product.
- Log in to WISEid via WISEhome.
- Upload the file from Step One.
- Monitor the Results page until the files show a complete status.
- Review and complete Match reviews.
- Download a WISEid by Student Local Person ID file to import WISEids back into your local SIS.
- Review records that have upload errors and make corrections within your SIS.
- Go back to Step One to resend records with errors and to request WISEids for students who have enrolled since your last upload.
NOTE: If manual searches are necessary, the process is more involved. Please consult the User Guide.
Access and Security
Once you have created a WAMS account, you must be assigned a WISEid user role in WISEsecure by your District Security Administrator (DSA) or WISEid Application Administrator. You can request application access through WISEhome. For complete instructions, refer to the WISEhome and WISEsecure Information page.
Manage Person Data
Search for a WISEid
- First and last names are required fields. There are other fields to use to narrow down the search results as well. Please remember to use maiden names and other names as appropriate. Complete search instructions and helpful hints can be found in the User Guide.
Create a WISEid
- It is important to use a match if one exists, so a duplicate WISEid does not get created.
- A new WISEid can be created manually by clicking the red Create new record icon towards the bottom of the page.
Edit a WISEid
- At the present time personal information is considered embargoed data, and DPI must enter changes into the application. To make any personal information changes, please submit a Customer Service Desk ticket to DPI.
- Enter the two WISEids.
- Press the Create Request button.
- If needed, a sample person file upload template is available.
- Press Choose File, locate the file, and press Open.
- Then press Upload.
- Locate the completed file and click the numbered blue button to review errors on the Error Review screen. The number on the button indicates the number of file errors to address.
- Correct any errors until the error count is zero.
- From the Error Review page, click Results under the File Tasks Menu.
- Click Download. A pop-up window opens. Press Save to save the file.
- Click Open to view the results that will now include WISEids for each person.
- Click the Remove button to delete a potential match that is not correct.
- Click the Review button to review and to work a potential match.
If you have attached a Local Person ID to a WISEid person, the person list including the WISEid will show up in the Student Download by Local Person ID as a CSV file. If you attached multiple Local Person IDs to the same person, they will show up multiple times – one row per Local Person ID. The CSV file may take a few seconds to download, so please be patient. It will show up in your internet browser file downloads folder when complete.
Self-help training material may be found on the following URL: https://dpi.wi.gov/wisedata/help.
DPI Customer Service Support
Submit questions, comments, and suggestions about the WISEid application or process via a Help Desk Ticket.