Audience: Administrators, Teachers
Interoperability is how schools can save educators and teachers time. Interoperability connects siloed systems.
Over time, interoperability strategies can minimize budget increases, time delays, dissatisfaction, and functionality gaps by creating connections and relationships that promote and build digital ecosystems.
Interoperability can mean different things to different people. Let's look at interoperability in terms of :
- System Interoperability: The connection between computing systems that produces the ability to take digital objects from one system and use it in another. Systems can be platforms, content systems, user management systems, and data systems.
- Accessibility: How we address differences in learners' ability to successfully interact with learning materials from different locations and devices.
- Reusability: The ability to use learning materials in multiple applications, courses, and contexts.
- Future Change: Organizations must deal with change. RFP needs to be flexible enough to help make informed decisions for current and future needs.
Interoperability needs to address systems, different abilities of learners, content reuse, and future change. Our goal for creating subsequent materials will address each of these four major areas of interoperability, share how to connect to systems at the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, and provide sample RFP and RFI from school districts and CESAs.
We know that some schools and districts do not use a formal purchasing process, we hope that some of the RFP language might be relevant for product evaluation.
We will be writing these topics in sections. You may see a few "coming soon" pages such as:
- Student Information Systems
- Learning Management Systems
To help us in this process, we need your help.
We understand that schools have more flexibility with the procurement process than the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. We also understand that the procurement process may vary from district to district.
However, we want to provide a few suggestions to help align technologies and integrations that helps build an integration digital ecosystem. We also want to help districts share their experience with other school districts. Experience in one district may help another district.
- Please let us know what kind of RFP would help you.
- Please share RFPs you have, product review matrixes, or questions used. We will catalog them into areas so they can be shared with other schools. Imagine an RFP repository for you and colleagues to use.
Please use the contact form below to contact the author of this page.