Wisconsin's Approach to Disciplinary Literacy
In Wisconsin, disciplinary literacy is defined as the confluence of content knowledge, experiences, and skills merged with the ability to read, write, listen, speak, think critically, and perform in a way that is meaningful within the context of a given field.
Please visit the following resources to download, print, or order printed copies of the State Standards for Literacy in All Content Areas
- Download the State Standards for Literacy in All Subjects
- Common Core Standards Appendix A: Research and Glossary of Terms
- Common Core Standards Appendix B: Complex Text Exemplars by grade level
- Common Core Standards Appendix C: Writing Samples by grade level
- Order a printed copy of the State Standards for Literacy in All Subjects
Resources to Support the Disciplines
These interactive resources were created for educators to provide the space to spark discussion, share, and network about disciplinary literacy in their subjects matter.