The Wisconsin 2015-17 State Budget Bill, ACT 55, made changes to the Course Options statute (s. 118.52 Wis. Stats.). A document summarizing these changes can be found here. These changes took effect upon passage of the bill and are in effect for the 2015-16 school year.
Course Options law allows a pupil enrolled in a public school district to take up to two courses at any time from an educational institution. Wisconsin Educational institutions are defined under the Course Options statute as:
- A public school in a nonresident school district;
- the University of Wisconsin System;
- a technical college;
- nonprofit institutions of higher education;
- a tribal college;
- a charter school; and
- a nonprofit organization that has been approved by the Department of Public Instruction (DPI).
The links below provide additional information about Course Options including the application form and guidance for submitting and processing the application.
For Students and Parents
- Student Application
- Parent/Student Brochure (Tri-Fold)
- Parent/Student Brochure (Non-Fold)
- Parent/Student Guidance
For Educational Institutions
For Non-profit Organizations
- Non-profit Application
- Instructions for Completing Application
- Private Schools Introduction Letter
- Approved Non-profit Organizations for the 2016-17 School Year