Early College Credit Program Reimbursement Claims
Wisconsin public school/districts as well as Wisconsin private high schools can submit an ECCP reimbursement claim via an online form. The link to the ECCP reimbursement form is sent in late May to public school district superintendents and the designated administrator for private high schools. Forms must be submitted to the DPI between May 30 and July 15. For more information, see the FAQ on ECCP reimbursement.
The 2017 Wisconsin Act 59 eliminated the Course Options and Youth Options programs.
- The Course Options statute was changed to Part-time open enrollment.
- The Youth Options statute (118.55) was renamed the Early College Credit Program (ECCP). The ECCP statute allows Wisconsin public and private high school students to take one or more courses at an institution of higher education for high school and/or college credit.
- Under this section, “institution of higher education” means an institution within the University of Wisconsin System, a tribally controlled college, or a private, nonprofit institution of higher education located in the state.
- While technical colleges are not eligible institutions under the new program, pupils that have completed 10th grade will continue to have the option to take courses at technical colleges through a separate statute, 38.12(14). To learn more, go to the Start College Now tab in the menu on the left.
- All changes are effective July 1, 2018.
To learn more about ECCP, view the Early College Credit Program Overview.