The 2017 Wisconsin Act 59 eliminated the Course Options and Youth Options programs.
- The Course Options statute was changed to Part-time open enrollment.
- The Youth Options statute (118.55) was renamed the Early College Credit Program (ECCP). The ECCP statute allows Wisconsin public and private high school students to take one or more courses at an institution of higher education for high school and/or college credit.
- Under this section, “institution of higher education” means an institution within the University of Wisconsin System, a tribally controlled college, or a private, nonprofit institution of higher education located in the state.
- While technical colleges are not eligible institutions under the new program, pupils that have completed 10th grade will continue to have the option to take courses at technical colleges through a separate statute, 38.12(14). To learn more, go to the Start College Now tab in the menu on the left.
- All changes are effective July 1, 2018.
To learn more about ECCP, view this presentation on ECCP Basics.
ECCP 101 Video (coming in late September)
For questions about this information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org (608) 267-3161