WISEhome allows authorized users to access DPI web applications and tools in one location. To access DPI applications, log into WISEhome with a WAMS ID or a Google account associated with a district email. Request that your agency's administrator grant you access to an application through the WISEsecure system. You can request access to an application through WISEhome.
Click the links below to navigate to different sections of this page:
1. Log into WISEhome using your WAMS ID or your Enterprise Google account.
To gain access to a DPI web application, you will need to request access through WISEhome. All users can gain access to these DPI tools, but the steps to do so are different, depending on your email type and if you have ever created a WAMS account or not. Select the option below that best describes your situation and follow the steps provided.
I am a brand-new user and I do not have (or I do not know if I have) a valid Enterprise Google account AND I have never created a WAMS account before.
- First, check with your school/district’s IT department to officially determine if the email address provided to you is an Enterprise Google account.
- If your school/district does not have an Enterprise Google account, then you can create a WAMS account where you will establish a WAMS account ID and password.
- To obtain a WAMS ID:
- Go to the WAMS homepage.
- Provide the required information.
- To obtain a WAMS ID:
IMPORTANT: When you receive a confirmation email from the WAMS system, follow the link given to log in and activate your account.
Once your WAMS account has been activated, sign in to WISEhome using the “Sign in with WAMS” button on the left side of the login page.
I already have a WAMS account, and I have a valid Enterprise Google account. What is the best way for me to login to WISEhome?
1st WISEhome login with WAMS:
If you want to have the option to login using either WAMS or your Enterprise Google account, then your first login to WISEhome should be with your WAMS account. Logging in with your WAMS account for the first time will allow the user to login to WISEhome using either WAMS or your Enterprise Google account in the future.
1st WISEhome login with Enterprise Google account:
- If your first login to WISEhome is completed using your Enterprise Google account, you will only ever be able to login to WISEhome using your Enterprise Google account. WISEsecure will never recognize the WAMS identity thereafter.
I have a valid Enterprise Google account, but I do not have a WAMS account. Should I create a WAMS account?
If you have a verified Enterprise Google account, it is not necessary for you to create a WAMS account or a WAMS ID. If your first login is done through Google, you will never be able to login using a WAMS account.
3. On the Customer Request Access form, fill out the required fields, including your District, which schools within that district you need access for, Job Title, and the Applications you’re requesting access to. You can also include Comments to explain why you need access. Once you fill out the form, click Request Access.
4. Once you’ve submitted an access request, you can check the status of your request by going to the App Request Status page. Search for pending access requests by Request Date, Organization/Suborganization, Application, or Role. You'll be notified by email and on the App Request Status page when your request is approved or denied.
The District Administrator is responsible for either taking on the responsibility of District Security Administrator (DSA) or delegating that authority to another individual.
The District Administrator has several responsibilities for student data privacy and confidentiality in their district. To start, the District Administrator, or their designee, will be setup as the District Security Administrator (DSA). The DSA is responsible for setting up application administrators, annually reviewing access, and is also responsible for the District's data privacy policies required under §118.125(2). Refer to the Student Data Privacy Resources page for more information.
DSAs can access every feature in WISEsecure. To request to be assigned as a DSA for your organization:
- Create a WAMS ID associated with your district email address. To do so, go to WAMS self-registration.
- Once you have a WAMS ID, complete the District Administrator Authorization Form to submit a request to be assigned as a DSA.
- If the District Administrator chooses to delegate the District Security Administrator (DSA) role, the District Administrator must have the delegate's WAMS ID before the District Administrator Authorization Form request is made.
- To make a District Security Administrator (DSA) request, the District Administrator fills out the online District Administrator Authorization Form to indicate they understand student data privacy and confidentiality as well as the responsibilities of a DSA, and passes along the knowledge to the delegates.
- District Administrator will update the form, review responsibility, sign, designate or remove District Security Administrator(s) (DSA), and submit the form for approval. The form will then be routed to DPI to review request for approval.
Refer to the following user guides for instructions on how to use WISEsecure as a DSA:
- WISEsecure User Guide: Tasks for District Security Administrators (DSAs)
- Includes instructions for assigning application administrators, designating approved email address domains, reviewing user access permissions, and off-boarding users.
- WISEsecure User Guide: Assign Access to WISEhome Applications
Application administrators can grant access to and assign user roles for specific WISE applications, as designated by the DSA. If you're an application administrator, refer to the Assign Access to WISEhome Applications User Guide for information on how to use WISEsecure to review access requests and assign user roles.
All WISE applications allow for a single sign-on using Google. You will find a Sign in with Google button when logging in to an application. In order to use the single sign-on feature, you must have an Enterprise Google account. This district email address must be associated to your WAMS account and entered in the WISEid application Email Address field. Signing in via the Sign in with Google button will allow you to work within any application for which you have access. Once you log in to WISEhome, the applications to which you have access will be listed and you can click from your list of available secure applications.
For more information, refer to the Google Single Sign-on Quick Guide.