WISE Application Release Notes
This page includes release notes for the latest production releases of WISEdata, WISEid, WISEstaff, and other WISE applications such as WISEadmin Portal. You can also learn about new documentation updates in the Website Documentation Updates section. For historical release notes, refer to the Archived Release Notes link under each section.
WISEdata and Ed-Fi Credential Release Notes
Latest Update: 5/31/2023
WISEdata Release Notes
WISEdata Portal (WDP) Updates -
New Ed-Fi Credential Report Displaying Data Flow Issues
The Ed-Fi Credential application is the API that allows for the transfer of data from an LEAs Student Information System (SIS) to the DPI (DPI *never* has the ability to change data in an LEA’s SIS).
- Now in the Ed-Fi Credential application, on the Admin Reports screen, DPI staff will have access to a new report that identifies when an agency’s data isn’t flowing due to how their API is set up. (This feature is only viewable to DPI staff.)
- The new report is named: LEA with Multiple Credentials.
- This will allow DPI staff to help an LEA properly configure a vendor subscription and get the data flowing properly from the SIS to DPI.
First Day of School/Last Day of School in WISEdata Portal
First Day of School (FDS) and Last Day of School (LDS) will be collected in WISEdata Portal for the 2023-24 school year! You can find detailed information on the FDS/LDS data element page.
Along with this change, there will additionally be an option within WISEdata Portal to view FDS/LDS information from previous school years.
- FDS/LDS information is viewable on the Agency Contacts screen (you can locate this screen by clicking the expander icon by your username in the upper right corner).
- Under the Agencies banner a School Year filter will be added.
- The active school year will be the default display.
- Table will show the: LEA ID, LEA Code, LEA Name, School ID, School Code, School Name, First Day of School, Last Day of School
- FDS/LDS dates will be updated based on the selected year
- These dates will be displayed for the 2023-24 school year and years ahead; FDS/LDS dates will not be available for the 2022-23 school year and prior.
Prior Year Enrollment in Descending Order:
LEAs will be able to view prior year enrollments in *true* descending order.
- Currently in WISEdata Portal, the prior year enrollment records are all listed – but displaying the immediate prior year at the bottom of the list
- (i.e., If the current year is 2022-23, Prior Year Enrollments are listed: 2019-20, 2020-21, 2021-22).
- This touch of continuous improvement lists the prior years chronologically, with the most recent prior year listed at the top of the list
- (i.e., If the current year is 2022-23, Prior Year Enrollments are listed: 2021-22, 2020-21, 2019-20).
Performance Improvements Continue:
Upgrade-related changes around the API v6 continue to remain in place for the 23-24 SY. This upgrade will improve performance for our users. Examples include:
- Reviewing and creating new validation messages
- Enhancing user interface
- Working out bug fixes in WISEdata Portal
- Additionally, we are making some improvements to WISEdata Finance to help with the performance and responsiveness of that application for users.
Archived WISEdata and Ed-Fi Release Notes
WISEid and WISEstaff
Latest Update: 3/16/2023
WISEid and WISEstaff Release Notes
[WISEstaff] Public Staff Reports About the Data data errata link update
Updated the About Data link to go to new page for data errata https://dpi.wi.gov/cst/data-errata
[WISEid] Change Request show birth date warnings to all users for when birth date change is out of range of last enrollment
For all users show Change Request birth date warning when the proposed birth date change doesn’t match what we would expect given the person’s most recent student enrollment. You should verify this is the correct person and the birth date is correct. Previously only DPI could see this.
[WISEid] Change Request show birth date warnings to all users for when birth date change is under 18 years old and has staff assignments
For all users how Change Request birth date warning when the proposed birth date change is under 18 years old and person has staff assignments. In rare cases some staff are under 18 years old. You should verify this is the correct person and person is really under 18 years old. If so ignore warning. Previously only DPI could see this.
[WISEid] Change Request show Enrollments
If you are a user who also has WISEdata Portal access, show Enrollments section with student enrollment history on the Change Request. Helpful to determine if you are updating the correct person’s WISEid. Previously only DPI could see this.
[WISEid] Change Request show Staff Assignments
For all users show Staff Assignments section if the person has any. Helpful to determine if you are updating the correct person’s WISEid. Previously only DPI could see this.
Archived WISEid and WISEstaff Release Notes
Latest Update: 5/31/2023
- WISEdash Release Notes
WISEdash for Districts
- Demographic Snapshot taken to freeze demographics and enrollment for certified assessment data and FAY determination
- Added non-binary icon to student detail listing
Archived WISEdash Release Notes
WISEadmin Portal and Other WISE Applications
Latest Update: 4/3/2023
Archived WISEadmin Release Notes
WISE Website Documentation Updates
Latest Update: 4/3/2023
Archived Website Documentation Release Notes