WISE E-learning Courses
The Department of Public Instruction now offers several e-learning courses for our WISE application users. Learn the essential application features, submission guidance, requirements, and high quality data best practices for WISEid and WISEdata.
Anyone may register and review the material in the courses, whether you are brand new to an application or a seasoned user desiring certification status. Each course is broken into manageable lessons that you may start, stop, and pick back up again as time allows.
Read on to learn how to register, enroll in courses, and see who has become certified.
E-Learning Course Options & Corresponding Lessons
- WISE User Basics
- WISE Overview, WISE Security, Data Submission Process, Data Flow, Resources, *Certification Quiz
- WISEid Overview & Person Menu, WISEid File Tasks Menu, WISEid Reports *Certification Quiz
- WISEdata Overview, WISEdata Exports, Validations, Roster, Career Education, Discipline, *Certification Quiz
- WISEdata: Understanding Economically Disadvantaged Status Data Reporting
- Economically Disadvantaged Status Data, Obtaining Economically Disadvantaged Status Data, Review in WISEdata Portal, Review in WISEdash for Districts, *Certification Quiz
*If you wish to obtain certification in any of the WISE Classroom courses, you will be required to complete the course's lessons and certification quiz with a passing score of 80%.
Create an E-Learning Account and Enroll in Courses
Create an Account with DPI Learn
- Navigate to the DPI Learn Account Login & Registration screen.
- On the Registration screen, enter your first and last name.
- Enter your email address.
- The Affiliation is WISEdata. You MUST select WISEdata.
- Click Create.
Request to Enroll in Courses
- The Course selection page will open for you to choose in which courses you'd like to request enrollment.
- In the Affiliation drop-down, select WISEdata.
- To select a Course Type, choose Online.
- The available courses will display. You can request one or more courses.
- Place a checkmark in the box next to the course(s) in which you want to enroll.
- Click Register.
- If prompted with a payment or department approval page, you may ignore the selection, as the e-learnings are free.
- Click Enroll.
- You'll receive confirmation emails for both your account setup and course enrollment request.
- The registration confirmation will display on the screen, and you'll see a button to log in to set up your learner account info.
- Your username defaults to first initial last name, e.g., jbond.
- The account creation confirmation email will give you a temporary password. You should update the password under the Edit Account menu as soon as you're logged in.
- DPI will approve your course requests, at which point you will receive an approval email that you can log in and begin taking your courses. This may take up to a day.
Set Up Your Learner Account Profile
- From the course registration confirmation screen, click Login to Genius.
- Your learner dashboard and left-side menu will display.
- From the left-side menu, select Learner Info if you wish to add profile details.
- From the left-side menu, select Edit Account to reset your password and/or secret question & answer.
- To log in at any time to complete courses, access the main DPI Learn site.
Requesting a Course After Initial Course Setup
- Log in to the main DPI Learn site.
- From your home screen, click Request a Course from the left-side menu.
- Choose the course(s) in which you'd like to enroll.
- Complete the required fields, ensuring you choose the WISEdata Affiliation.
- DPI will approve your course request(s), at which point you will receive an approval email that you can log in and begin taking your courses. This may take up to a day.