- How to Get Help with WISEgrants
- Accessing WISEgrants
- Completing Necessary Forms
- Grant Application Guides for 2021-22
- Budgeting and WUFAR Combinations
- Submitting a Claim
- Using the Message Board
- Managing E-mail Notifications and WISEgrants Administrator Role Changes
- ESSA LEA Plan
- Reporting Grant Fraud to DPI or the Office of Inspector General
Contact Your Assigned Application Reviewer: If you have questions about program design or allowable costs, contact your assigned reviewer for that specific grant. On the grant application menu, click the Grant Contacts link, in the DPI Contacts section, see the assigned Application reviewer.
Submit a WISEgrants Help Ticket: If you are experiencing something with your application or claim that you think is a bug or otherwise incorrect, or you have a technical support question, please click the blue "submit a help ticket" button to the left to fill out the form. Two guides help to explain how to fill out the form for Subrecipients or DPI Staff.
Users must be granted the appropriate application user security role by their agency to view and work with WISEgrants. WISE applications may be accessed with a professional WAMS ID or an approved district email account via WISEhome, a portal that allows authorized users to access their applications and tools in one location and request access to other applications.
Local District Security Administrators (DSAs) grant their staff security roles using WISEsecure. Removing users from WISEgrants, also has to be managed by DSAs in WISEsecure. If you need help finding your DSA, please submit a help ticket using the blue button to the left. There are two roles that can be assigned for local users of WISEgrants:
- A WISEgrants Administrator has edit access rights to an agency’s grant applications by default. They
also have the ability to manage all access rights for WISEgrants Users and add or remove the Authorizer privilege for themselves or other WISEgrants Administrators. To manage access rights, they will navigate to Admin Menu > Maintain User > Edit Access, and select the person whose profile they would like to adjust. If you need help finding a list of your WISEgrants Administrators, in WISEgrants, from the blue menu bar, click Reports > Subrecipient WISEgrants Administrators. There is no limit how many WISEGrants Administrators can be assigned.
- A WISEgrants User has “edit” or “view only” access to an agency’s grant applications as assigned by an agency’s WISEgrants Administrator.
Please note: if you are assigned the role of WISEgrants User, an additional step must be completed by a local WISEgrants Administrator within WISEgrants to activate access to the grants and features you need. This role starts out as a blank slate to allow it to be fully customizable. If you see an error message when you log in that says "Unable to execute the requested action due to missing access rights" it means no rights have been added for you yet.
For more information about WISEhome and WISEsecure, refer to the WISEhome and WISEsecure Information page.
WAMS IDs and Managing Contact Information
Individuals who need to be assigned access to WISEgrants for multiple agencies must have a professional WAMS ID. To create or update a WAMS ID, visit the WAMS website (this is not a DPI site). If you wish to:
- Update an existing WAMS ID, click "Profile Management" to change your name, email address or password. Please note that phone numbers that appear in WISEgrants are pulled from WISEhome. To update your phone number, log into WISEhome, click the My Profile tab, update the phone number field and click Save.
- Create a new WAMS ID, click "Self-Registration" and follow these instructions for creating a WAMS ID. Be sure to use a professional email address because you will receive automated notifications from the system regarding your agency's application.
Digitally Authorizing Certifications and Assurances
Uploading ESEA Private School Affirmation and CARES Private School Affirmation Forms
- Private School Affirmation Instructions video
- How to Upload Private School Affirmations in WISEgrants
- Carl Perkins CTE
- IDEA Formula Grants (Flow-through, CEIS and Preschool)
- Search for WUFAR Combinations in WISEgrants: Instructions on using the WUFAR Combinations by Grant Report to find all available WUFAR combinations for each grant.
- How to use the Search for Budget Combinations Tool: Instructions on using the Search for Budget Combinations tool. The Search for Budget Combinations tool is available on the WISEgrants budgeting screens and is intended to assist users in finding desired budget items.
Title I-A English Language personnel budget combinations: Information on available budget combinations under Title I, Part A for highly-qualified English Language positions.
Flow-through and Preschool WUFAR combinations: This spreadsheet lists the flow-through WUFAR combinations currently available in the WISEgrants budget drop down menu choices as of January 2018. These same combinations are also available in the preschool budget, except for those related to student transition services (work experience). WUFAR combinations of allowed costs are added to the budget software per district request.
Grant Documents Budget Section: Instructions for an additional budget section for select grants.
Printing your Budget: Step-by-step instructions on available options for printing budget information from WISEgrants.
- Submitting a Claim: Detailed walkthrough of the process for submitting a claim in WISEgrants.
- More detailed information can be found on our Claiming or Returning Federal Funds page.
- Message Board Technical Assistance: Information on using the Message Board in WISEgrants. The Message Board is individual to each subrecipient and contains communications between DPI and the subrecipient for each grant.
- Managing Notifications and WISEgrants Administrator Role Changes: Instructions on how to customize your notifications and updates on changes to the WISEgrants Administrator Role.
- ESSA LEA Plan FAQ
- ESSA LEA Plan Road Map and Review Criteria 2018-19
- ESSA LEA Plan due June 30, 2018, email from Deputy State Superintendent Michael J. Thompson, PhD, to District and CESA Administrators. April 25, 2018.
- Reporting confirmed fraud to DPI as required by the State Single Audit Guidelines: Form Submission
- Reporting fraud, waste or abuse of Federal grant funds: US Department of Education's OIG Hotline