The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction hosted a free conference at the Kalahari Resort and Convention Center, Wisconsin Dells, WI, on March 12-13, 2020. The conference presented attendees with a better understanding of state and federal reporting requirements, including any updates and changes for the 2020-21 school year, as well as provided attendees with information related to new features and functionality in WISE applications. Sessions included demos, hands-on labs, SIS vendor and user testimonials and input, and DPI staff guidance.
A primary goal of the conference is for DPI to listen to the reporting, analysis, and data usage needs of its attendees (e.g., school districts, public and Choice schools, and CESAs).
Any person (SEA, district- and school-level administrators, and any support staff) accountable for state and federal reporting related to funding, accountability, or education program management is encouraged to attend the conference. The target audience includes any person with responsibility for collecting, maintaining, reporting, or certifying data at any level within the school district.
Recordings of the conference sessions are now available! You can watch recorded sessions in this YouTube playlist.
2020 Conference Info, Registration, and Resources
- Session Recordings *NEW*
- Post-Conference Survey *NEW*
- Session Presentations (slides only)
- At-a-Glance Agenda Overview
- WISEdata Conference Schedule 2020
- Vendor Room Assignment Schedule
- Lightning Round Handout: How do lightning rounds work? They are brief 10-15 presentations and attendees will have 5 minutes to go between session topics. We will have Data Privacy and Data Security, WISEdash - The Power of Dashboards and Uncommon Student Populations running at the same times in three different breakout rooms. You will have the ability to transitition from one room to the other to ensure you receive the key points based on a topic.