The Wisconsin Information System for Education is comprised of multiple tools that support ID generation and data collection to meet all required district and school state and federal reporting mandates. This will, in turn, inform education research and data analysis through dashboard and reporting tools to better understand and improve educational outcomes for Wisconsin students. These systems will maintain high data quality and security policies and standards to ensure data privacy. Each of these tools can and should be used by multiple stakeholders, including educators, district and school officials, and DPI staff. Specific tools such as the WISEdash Public Portal are also available for parents and community members.
- The high-level objective is to provide a sustainable, cost-effective, integrated education analysis and reporting system that supports:
- Teachers and school administrators making informed decisions to improve educational outcomes and to help ensure every child graduates from high school prepared for both college and career;
- Data-informed decision-making at the state, district, school, classroom, and student levels;
- Accurate and timely data reporting to meet Federal, State, and local requirements, including EDFacts reporting in which State data is aggregated and reported as required by law to the U.S. Department of Education's national data sets;
- Parents and community members, including media, legislators, and community groups, learning more about their schools;
- Diagnostic and policy-relevant research;
- High security standards that protect student privacy.
WISEdata: Allows school districts, charter schools, and private schools participating in a parental choice program to submit data to DPI in an efficient and streamlined process from the Student Information system of their choice.
WISEsecure: Enables school districts to seamlessly manage access to DPI applications.
WISEdash: Provides multi-year education data about Wisconsin schools in a visually appealing reporting tool. WISEdash is used by districts, schools, parents, researchers, media, and other community members to view data published by DPI.
WISElearn: A portal consolidating available resources for Wisconsin Educators to use in the classroom.
WISEgrants: A federal grants management system providing a one-stop shop for subrecipients to access their federal funds in a standardized system that meets all federal fiscal requirements and establishes a web-based monitoring system for DPI staff to use to ensure a subrecipient’s compliance with federal law.
Training and Support Links
Check out the specific help pages for a user toolbox of self-help videos, user guides, etc.
- Bug & Deficit List
- Data Elements
- Log-in through Secure Home
- Visit the Secure Home Information Page for Districts
- WISEdash for Districts ASM Roles
- WISEdash About the Data
- Knowledge Base Articles
Feedback: If you have feedback, comments, or suggestions, we would love to hear from you!