Click the link s below to navigate to different sections of this page:
What is WISE? WISE Resource Links Help Ticket
What is WISE?
The Wisconsin Information System for Education is comprised of multiple tools that support ID generation and data collection to meet all required district and school state and federal reporting mandates. This will, in turn, inform education research and data analysis through dashboard and reporting tools to better understand and improve educational outcomes for Wisconsin students. These systems will maintain high data quality and security policies and standards to ensure data privacy. Each of these tools can and should be used by multiple stakeholders, including educators, district and school officials, and DPI staff. Specific tools such as the WISEdash Public Portal are also available for parents and community members.
- The high-level objective is to provide a sustainable, cost-effective, integrated education analysis and reporting system that supports:
- Teachers and school administrators making informed decisions to improve educational outcomes and to help ensure every child graduates from high school prepared for both college and career;
- Data-informed decision-making at the state, district, school, classroom, and student levels;
- Accurate and timely data reporting to meet Federal, State, and local requirements, including EDFacts reporting in which State data is aggregated and reported as required by law to the U.S. Department of Education's national data sets;
- Parents and community members, including media, legislators, and community groups, learning more about their schools;
- Diagnostic and policy-relevant research;
- High security standards that protect student privacy.
WISEsecure: Enables school districts to seamlessly manage access to all DPI applications, all related to the collection and reporting of data.
WISEid: This refers both to Wisconsin identification numbers assigned to staff and students for the purpose of providing a secure, unique numerical identifier without needing to use social security numbers, as well as the data portal that stores the information.
WISEdata: Allows school districts, charter schools, and private schools participating in a parental choice program to submit data to DPI in an efficient and streamlined process from the Student Information system of their choice.
WISEstaff: Once established with a WISEid, WISEstaff collects much required data about Wisconsin school staff members.
WISEadmin: WISEadmin is an abbreviated way of referring to the WISEadmin Portal - a WISE application, geared towards district administrative staff as the users to complete specific tasks.
WISEgrants: A federal grants management system providing a one-stop shop for sub-recipients to access their federal funds in a standardized system that meets all federal fiscal requirements and establishes a web-based monitoring system for DPI staff to use to ensure a sub-recipient’s compliance with federal law.
WISElearn: A portal consolidating available resources for Wisconsin Educators to use in the classroom.
WISEdash: Provides multi-year education data about Wisconsin schools in a visually appealing reporting tool. WISEdash is used by districts, schools, parents, researchers, media, and other community members to view data published by DPI.
WISExplore:A process facilitated by CESA staff members to help schools practice Data Inquiry as a sustainable practice within their LEAs.
WISE Classroom: Not an application, this name refers to in-house training created by DPI staff to help new and familiar WISE application users alike get smart on how to use any of the WISE applications named above.
WISEhome: Refers to the login screen that allows users to access all of the WISE applications they have been granted access to. For more information, please visit the WISEhome and WISEsecure Information page.
WISE Resource Links
Google Community for General WISEdata Discussion - AND - Google Community for Choice Schools WISEdata Discussion
- Visit the WISEdata Calendar of Events for all scheduled, upcoming webinars, and training
- WISEid/WISEdata User Group Agenda - for Public and Choice Schools (View Only doc)
Didn't Find What You Needed?
The Customer Services Team is here to help!
Please submit a Help Ticket so we may better assist you.