Provided below is the text of the agreement seen by users of Secure Home. When a user logs in to Secure Home for the first time, and every 120 days thereafter, this agreement will be displayed. A user must click on the "Agree" button before he or she can use the tool.
You are currently identified by your Application Administrator as an authorized user of secure applications created by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. Users of most secure applications have access to confidential information about students. Protecting student privacy is required by law and is the highest priority of the Department of Public Instruction. Resources regarding protecting student privacy in Wisconsin are provided at https://dpi.wi.gov/wise/data-privacy.
To protect the privacy of students, users are required to agree to each of the statements below.
- I will respect and safeguard the privacy of students and the confidentiality of student data.
- I will comply with state and federal privacy laws and all district regulations, policies, and procedures established to maintain the confidentiality of student data.
- I will not disclose or transmit confidential data to persons not specifically authorized access to these data by the District Security Administrator, Application Administrator, or District Administrator.
- I will use the confidential data for legitimate educational purposes only as necessary to perform my district-assigned tasks.
- I understand that my password is as important as my signature. It is my obligation to keep my password confidential. I will not share my password with anyone.
- I will not use other users' login names or passwords.
- I have viewed the student privacy training presentation and understand my obligation to protect the confidentiality of the student data that I will be accessing.