Dear District Administrators,
The Department of Health Services COVID-19 Response Team (CRT) and the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) invite you to join a webinar on Friday, April 23, from 1:00-2:00 p.m. providing information about how schools may pursue necessary certification to become part of a new opportunity for COVID-19 testing.
Wisconsin has received funding to implement testing programs in schools. The first phase will include options for Spring and Summer 2021, including immediate access by school districts, private schools, and charter schools to BinaxNOW point-of-care COVID-19 tests. Testing with the BinaxNOW point-of-care test requires that schools obtain a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) Certificate of Waiver.
The process for obtaining a CLIA Certificate is not difficult or time consuming. This webinar will provide information on:
- CLIA Certificate application process
- Testing using the BinaxNOW kits
- Test result reporting requirements
- Other testing considerations
- Ruth Sullivan, DHS COVID-19 Response Team Deputy Director
- Mike Thompson, DPI Deputy State Superintendent
- Angela Mack, DHS Division of Quality Assurance Health Services Management Section Chief
- Dr. Alana Sterkel, Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene Communicable Disease Division Associate Director
When: Friday, April 23, 2021, 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Registration is required to receive the Zoom link and call-in information. Register here. The webinar will be recorded, made available on the DHS website, and a link to the recording will be sent to all individuals who register.
Please email DHSK12CovidTesting@dhs.wisconsin.gov with questions.
Future phases will expand testing options and supports available to schools for the 2021-22 academic year.