Applications for IDEA Part B funding - Flow-through, Preschool and Discretionary Grants are handled through WISEgrants.
To schedule a conference call with Rachel Zellmer or Matt Baier, please visit our Bookings page.
- Final IDEA Flow-through and Preschool Budget Amendments for FY 2019-2020: July 31, 2020
- Final claims for FY 2019-2020 are due September 30, 2020
- IDEA Certifications & Assurances for FY 2020-2021: July 1, 2020
- IDEA Flow-through & Preschool Initial Budget Submissions for FY 2020-2021: August 31, 2020
- Last date for submitting a claim spending down FY 2018-2019 Tydings Amounts: Nov. 22, 2021 (due to a waiver granted by the US Department of Education, the Tydings period for FY 2018-2019 IDEA formula funds has been extended a full year)
- IDEA CEIS (voluntary) Initial Budget Submission: No due date, but before activities are started
(CEIS claims cannot be submitted until students served have been reported to WISEdata)
- IDEA Title I Schoolwide Set-Aside Initial Budget Submission: No due date
- Final claims for FY 2020-2021 are due September 30, 2021
Flow-through Formula Allocations - All School Districts, Independent Charter Schools, State Agencies and State Institutions
Preschool Formula Allocations - All School Districts, Independent Charter Schools, State Agencies and State Institutions
IDEA Flow-through and Preschool Applications within the WISEgrants Web Portal
IDEA Formula Grant Application Guidance - Brief descriptions provided for each of the menu items under the IDEA flow-through and preschool grants.
Allowable Costs Guidance
Designed in a chart format, this document lists items in alphabetical order and provides clear and concise information on types of costs that are either allowed or not allowed under the IDEA grant. It is updated on a regular basis and includes information on locating costs in the WISEgrants budget application.
This document, updated on a regular basis, provides the user with common issues discovered when DPI reviews budgets. This document will be helpful when entering items into the flow-through or preschool budgets in WISEgrants to ensure that required fields are filled out correctly.
This document provides an overview of indirect cost recovery using federal grant funds as well as providing a link to step-by-step instructions for budgeting and claiming indirect cost recovery through the IDEA, Title I, II, and III grant budget software programs.
Questions regarding IDEA Flow-through and Preschool Formula budgets should be directed to the DPI special education consultant assigned to the district. A listing of consultant assignments can be located at https://dpi.wi.gov/sped/educators/local-performance-plans/contact.
For discretionary grant staff only: Universal Event Survey Instructions