Guest post by Joy Schwarz
Please check the NEWI list of free webinars to find online continuing education opportunities you may attend from where you are. Most sessions are 60 minutes long, and are provided – at no charge to you – by associations, agencies, companies, and library systems. There’s a lot to choose from, so here’s a sample of topics that may be of interest to you.
Managing stress & building resilience; click title to register:
- Self-Care: Awareness, Acknowledgement, Action - 1pm on Wednesday, April 6
- Enhancing Your Workplace Culture - Noon on Tuesday, April 19
- Self-Compassion 101: Building Health and Well-being Through Self-Kindness - 11am on Friday, April 22
- Meditation in the 21st Century: Why Meditation Matters Even More - 1pm on Wednesday, April 27
Equity, diversity, and inclusion; click title to register:
- Re-Organizing the Library for Inclusion & Accessibility: Ditching Dewey, Genrefication, and More - 3pm on Monday, April 11
- Stepping Outside your Community’s Comfort Zone with a Conversation on Gender Diversity - 10am on Wednesday, April 13
- Recruiting and Hiring People with Disabilities - 11am on Wednesday, April 13
- Understanding Why Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Matter in Majority White Spaces - 1pm on Thursday, April 14
- Native Voices in YA Books - 1pm on Wednesday, April 20
- Deaf Community and Culture and Best Practices for Libraries - 3pm on Thursday, April 21
- Diversity Meets Picture Books! What You Need to Know to Select Inclusive Materials - 1pm on Wednesday, April 27
- Uniquely Human: A Different Way of Seeing Autism - 3pm on Thursday, April 28
A sample of webinars on other topics; click title to register:
- Library Patrons’ Privacy: How to Navigate Concerns with Emerging Technology - 1pm on Wednesday April 20
- Grant Seeking Basics - 10am on Wednesday, April 20
- Reentry Resources and Programs for Your Community - 1pm on Wednesday, April 27
- Where Does the Money Come From? Public Library Funding in Wisconsin - 1pm on Thursday, April 28
Beanstack webinars; click title to register:
- Make the Most Out of Beanstack - 2:30 pm on Monday, April 4
- How to Have a Successful Summer - Noon on Thursday, April 7
- Beanstack Patron Essentials - 2:30 pm on Monday, April 11
- Public Library Staff Preparation and Buy-In Roundtable - 1pm on Wednesday, April 13
- Beanstack Staff Essentials - 1pm on Thursday, April 14
- Beanstack Administrator Essentials - Noon on Thursday, April 28
Special event this month:
- LGBTQ+ Learning & Affirming Challenge, April 4-8, 2022
NEWI is a continuing education (CE) partnership of library systems located in North Eastern Wisconsin. The NEWI website aims to be a central source of CE info for staff working at libraries in four library systems: Manitowoc‐Calumet Library System (MCLS), Nicolet Federated Library System (NFLS), Outagamie Waupaca Library System (OWLS), and Winnefox Library System (WLS).
Joy Schwarz, Continuing Education/Training Librarian, Winnefox Library System & NEWI: Northeastern Wisconsin CE Partnership https://newilibraries.org/.
See more posts on the WI Libraries for Everyone page.