Guest post by Joy Schwarz
Please check the NEWI list of free webinars to find online continuing education opportunities you may attend from where you are. Most sessions are 60 minutes long, and are provided – at no charge to you – by associations, agencies, companies, and library systems. There’s a lot to choose from, so here’s a sample of topics that may be of interest to you.
Managing stress & building resilience; click title to register:
- How to Prioritize Your Wellness During the Hustle of the Holiday Season - Noon on Tuesday, Dec 7
- The Contentment Ethic - Noon on Tuesday, Dec 7
- The Myth of the Work/Life Balance for Small Library Directors - 2pm on Thursday, Dec 9
- Connecting the Whys: Cultivating a Healthy Workplace Culture - Noon on Tuesday, Dec 14
- Mental Health Practices for the Virtual World - Noon on Wednesday, Dec 15
Equity, diversity and inclusion; click title to register:
- South Asia Book Award Celebration - 6:30pm on Wednesday, Dec 8
- The Latinx KidLit Book Festival - 8:45am on Thursday, Dec 9 & Friday, Dec 10
- Tackling Racism and Bias in the Library Catalog - 1pm on Thursday, Dec 16 [create a free ALA account to register]
A sample of webinars on other topics; click title to register:
- Instagram Basics for Libraries - 1pm, Wednesday Dec 8
- Too Many Bags: How to Address Someone Bringing in Too Much Stuff - 1pm on Thursday, Dec 9
- Passive and Drop-In Programs? Love That Journey For Us! - 2pm on Thursday, Dec 9
- Preparing for a First Amendment Audit - 9am on Thursday, Dec 16
- Challenged Books at Your Library: Managing and Addressing Censorship Attempts - 10 am on Wednesday, Dec 15
Missed a webinar? It might have been archived, so check NEWI’s list of webinar recordings you can watch for free, anytime.
NEWI is a continuing education (CE) partnership of library systems located in North Eastern Wisconsin. The NEWI website aims to be a central source of CE info for staff working at libraries in four library systems: Manitowoc‐Calumet Library System (MCLS), Nicolet Federated Library System (NFLS), Outagamie Waupaca Library System (OWLS), and Winnefox Library System (WLS).
Joy Schwarz, Continuing Education/Training Librarian, Winnefox Library System & NEWI: Northeastern Wisconsin CE Partnership https://newilibraries.org/.
See more posts on the WI Libraries for Everyone page.