Guest post by Joy Schwarz
Please check the NEWI list of free webinars to find online continuing education opportunities you may attend from where you are. Most sessions are 60 minutes long, and are provided – at no charge to you – by associations, agencies, companies, and library systems. There’s a lot to choose from, so here’s a sample of topics that may be of interest to you.
Managing stress & building resilience; click title to register:
- Be a Burnout Mastermind: Lessons Learned from an ICU Nurse - Noon on Thursday, Feb 3
- We Are NOT Okay: Library Worker Trauma Before and During COVID-19 and What Happens After - Noon on Tuesday, Feb 8
- Leading with Happiness: Proven Ways to Lead Positive Change and Embrace the New World of Work Well-being - 11am on Tuesday, Feb 15
- Creating a Culture of Wellness and Connection: A Trauma-Informed Approach - 2pm on Wednesday, Feb 16
- Finding Joy in Your Work - Noon on Tuesday, Feb 22
- How to Create Psychological Safety in the Workplace - 1pm on Tuesday, Feb 22
- Build a Better World at Work and in Life with Kindness and Gratitude - 9am on Wednesday, Feb 23
Equity, diversity, and inclusion; click title to register:
- The Hidden Biases of Good People - 11am on Wednesday, Feb 2
- Growing Digital Equity Through Community Partnerships - 2pm on Thursday, Feb 3
- Dismantling Racial Inequity in the Workplace and Diversity in Collection Management - 1:30pm on Wednesday, Feb 9
- Let's Talk About Race at Work - 10am on Tuesday, Feb 15
- Building Belonging: Pronouns at Work - 1pm on Tuesday, Feb 15
- Creating Safe and Inclusive Spacing for 2SLGBTQIA+ Youth in Public and School Libraries - 1pm on Wednesday, Feb 16
- "Let's Talk Race" Toolkits - 2pm on Tuesday, Feb 22
- Promoting the Positive Racial Identity of Black Infants and Toddlers in Early Childhood Programs - 1pm on Thursday, Feb 24
- Welcoming Immigrants Through Cultural Programming: Lessons from the Field - 3pm on Thursday, Feb 24
A sample of webinars on other topics; click title to register:
- Transitioning to Libby: Tips for Winding Down the OverDrive App and Welcoming More Readers to Libby - 1pm on Wednesday, Feb 2
- Five Facts to Publishing Your Children’s Picture Book - 6pm on Wednesday, Feb 2
- Canva Design Basics - 2pm on Thursday, Feb 10
- Event Preparedness: Active Shooters and Hostile Activity at Your Venues - 1pm on Tuesday, Feb 15
- Calming the Storm: Foundational Skills in Verbal De-escalation - Noon on Wednesday, Feb 16
- Summer Library Program Learning & Fun: Catch the Wave - 9am on Tuesday, Feb 22
Special event this month:
- Big Talk From Small Libraries Conference - 8:45am to 4:50pm, Friday, Feb 25
- Schedule: http://nlcblogs.nebraska.gov/bigtalk/schedule/
- Registration form: http://nlc.nebraska.gov/scripts/calendar/eventreg.asp?ProgID=21049
Missed a webinar? It might have been archived, so check NEWI’s list of webinar recordings you can watch for free, anytime.
NEWI is a continuing education (CE) partnership of library systems located in North Eastern Wisconsin. The NEWI website aims to be a central source of CE info for staff working at libraries in four library systems: Manitowoc‐Calumet Library System (MCLS), Nicolet Federated Library System (NFLS), Outagamie Waupaca Library System (OWLS), and Winnefox Library System (WLS).
Joy Schwarz, Continuing Education/Training Librarian, Winnefox Library System & NEWI: Northeastern Wisconsin CE Partnership https://newilibraries.org/.
See more posts on the WI Libraries for Everyone page.