Guest post by Joy Schwarz
Please check the NEWI list of free webinars to find online continuing education opportunities you may attend from where you are. Most sessions are 60 minutes long, and are provided – at no charge to you – by associations, agencies, companies, and library systems.
There’s a lot to choose from, so here’s a sample of topics that may be of interest to you.
Managing stress & building resilience, click title to register:
- Coping with Stress Through Journaling - 10:30am on Thursday, July 8
- Mental Health Matters! Finding Support in Challenging Times – 10am on Wednesday, July 14
- The Art of Saying No: Setting Boundaries & Making Space for What Matters - 11:45am on Thursday, July 15
Equity, diversity and inclusion, click title to register:
- On Implicit Bias and Communication - 2pm on Thursday, July 8
- Leading Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Through Collection Analysis and Development - 4pm on Wednesday, July 21
- Using Courage to Confront Bias - 1pm on Thursday, July 22 [no registration required]
- Accessibility Features in Microsoft - Noon on Tuesday, July 27
Google tools, click title to register:
- Google Forms Basics - 11am on Thursday, July 8
- 10 Chrome Extensions You Can't Live Without - 12pm on Thursday, July 8
- Getting Started with Google Drawings - 3pm on Thursday, July 8
- Choose Your Own Adventure with Google Slides - 4pm on Thursday, July 8
A sample of webinars on other topics; click title to register:
- Youth Perceptions of Online Harassment, Cyberbullying, and “Just Drama”: Avenues for Support and Guidance [no registration required] - 10am on Wednesday, July 14
- Beanstack Reports Bootcamp - 1pm on Wednesday, July 14
- Introduction to Library Ethics - 1:30pm on Monday, July 19
- Supporting STEM Education in Rural Communities - 2pm on Monday, July 19
- Canva: Design Basics for Your Small Business - 5pm on Tuesday, July 27
- Canva: Advanced Design Skills for Small Business Owner/Marketer - 5pm on Thursday, July 29
Missed a webinar? It might have been archived, so check NEWI’s list of webinar recordings you can watch for free, anytime.
NEWI is a continuing education (CE) partnership of library systems located in North Eastern Wisconsin. The NEWI website aims to be a central source of CE info for staff working at libraries in four library systems: Manitowoc‐Calumet Library System (MCLS), Nicolet Federated Library System (NFLS), Outagamie Waupaca Library System (OWLS), and Winnefox Library System (WLS).
Joy Schwarz, Continuing Education/Training Librarian, Winnefox Library System & NEWI: Northeastern Wisconsin CE Partnership https://newilibraries.org/
Posted by Cindy Fesemyer