Guest post by Joy Schwarz
Please check the NEWI list of free webinars to find online continuing education opportunities you may attend from where you are. Most sessions are 60 minutes long, and are provided – at no charge to you – by associations, agencies, companies, and library systems. There’s a lot to choose from, so here’s a sample of topics that may be of interest to you.
Managing stress & building resilience; click title to register:
- Anxiety at Work: 8 Strategies to Help Teams Build Resilience, Handle Uncertainty, and Get Stuff Done - 10am on Wednesday, June 8
- Beyond Resilience: A New Path to a Strong Culture - 1pm on Wednesday, June 8
- Compassion Resilience: Expectations from Self and Others - 9am on Friday, June 10
- The Relationship Between Personal Stress and Community Resilience - 11am on Monday, June 20
- How Emotional Intelligence Can Help You in the Workplace - 1pm on Tuesday, June 21
- Compassion Resilience: Compassionate Boundary Setting - 9am on Friday, June 24
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI); click title to register:
- Inclusive Leadership for Social Impact - 10am on June 2
- Be Intentional, Not Identical: Creating DEI Strategies for the Library That Serves Your Community - 1pm on Tuesday, June 7
- I See a Library! Making Libraries More Accessible to the Visually Impaired - 9am on Wednesday, June 8
- Policies of Yes - 10am on Wednesday, June 8
- Ensuring Accessibility of Information Products and Services - 10am on Wednesday, June 8
- LGBTQ+ 101 - 9am on Tuesday, June 14
- Creating Healthier Productive and More Inclusive Workplaces - 1pm on Tuesday, June 14
- LGBTQ+ Workplace Inclusion - 9am on Tuesday, June 21
A sample of webinars on other topics; click title to register:
- Supporting Families and Young Children in Times of Fear and Anxiety - 1pm on Wednesday, June 1
- Info Lit 101 Part 3: Misinformation and Disinformation - 3pm on Thursday, June 2
- Instagram Basics for Libraries - 1pm on Wednesday, June 8
- How to Turn Real Events into Fantastic Fiction - 6pm on Monday, June 20
- From Numbers to Narrative: Getting from Data to a Visual Story - Noon on Wednesday, June 22
- Am I Doing This Right? Advice for First Time Managers - 1pm on Wednesday, June 22
- Classic Picture Books are Boring and What You Should Read in Storytime Instead - 1pm on Wednesday, June 29
NEWI is a continuing education (CE) partnership of library systems located in North Eastern Wisconsin. The NEWI website aims to be a central source of CE info for staff working at libraries in four library systems: Manitowoc‐Calumet Library System (MCLS), Nicolet Federated Library System (NFLS), Outagamie Waupaca Library System (OWLS), and Winnefox Library System (WLS).
Joy Schwarz, Continuing Education/Training Librarian, Winnefox Library System & NEWI: Northeastern Wisconsin CE Partnership https://newilibraries.org/.
See more posts on the WI Libraries for Everyone page.