Guest post by Joy Schwarz
Please check the NEWI list of free webinars to find online continuing education opportunities you may attend from where you are. Most sessions are 60 minutes long, and are provided – at no charge to you – by associations, agencies, companies, and library systems. There’s a lot to choose from, so here’s a sample of topics that may be of interest to you.
Managing stress & building resilience; click title to register:
- Yoga by Your Desk for Workplace Resilience - 9am on Friday, May 6 & 13
- Leading by Example: Tools for Your Well-being as a Leader - Noon on Wednesday, May 11
- Mental Health Technology: Destress & Decompress - 1pm on Wednesday, May 18
- Dealing with Change: Using Mindfulness to Respond in Difficult Situations - 1pm on Wednesday, May 25
- The Gratitude Effect: Unleashing the Power of Recognition & Appreciation in Organizations - 1pm on Wednesday, May 25
Equity, diversity, and inclusion; click title to register:
- Creating Accessible Content - 1pm on Wednesday, May 4
- Move Over Melvil: Towards More Inclusive and Accessible Library Collections - 3:30pm on Wednesday, May 11
- Innovative Technology that will Enhance the Library Experience for Adults with Autism - 10am on Thursday, May 12
- Centering Community, Building Equity: A Social Justice Approach to Outreach with Families and Children in Underserved Communities - 11am on Tuesday, May 17
- Foundations of Gender-Inclusive Work: Dimensions of Gender - Noon on Wednesday, May 18
- Universal Design for Libraries - Noon on Monday, May 23
- Indigenous Voices: Authentic Children's Literature in the Library & Classroom - 4pm on Tuesday, May 24 and Wednesday, May 25
A sample of webinars on other topics; click title to register:
- Effective Grants Management Using QuickBooks - 1pm on Wednesday, May 4
- Public Libraries and Fake News: How to Educate and Inform in the Age of Disinformation - 10am on Thursday, May 5
- Serving All Communities: Navigating the Banned Books, Censorship & Intellectual Freedom Debates - 3pm on Tuesday, May 10
- Conflict De-Escalation - 3pm on Monday, May 16
- You Got the Grant – Now What?: A Recipe For Grant Writing Success, Part 2 - 1pm on Wednesday, May 25
Special event this month:
- Minitex Connect conference, May 3-4
NEWI is a continuing education (CE) partnership of library systems located in North Eastern Wisconsin. The NEWI website aims to be a central source of CE info for staff working at libraries in four library systems: Manitowoc‐Calumet Library System (MCLS), Nicolet Federated Library System (NFLS), Outagamie Waupaca Library System (OWLS), and Winnefox Library System (WLS).
Joy Schwarz, Continuing Education/Training Librarian, Winnefox Library System & NEWI: Northeastern Wisconsin CE Partnership https://newilibraries.org/.
See more posts on the WI Libraries for Everyone page.