Guest post by Joy Schwarz
Please check the NEWI list of free webinars to find online continuing education opportunities you may attend from where you are. Most sessions are 60 minutes long, and are provided – at no charge to you – by associations, agencies, companies, and library systems. There’s a lot to choose from, so here’s a sample of topics that may be of interest to you.
Managing stress & building resilience; click title to register:
- Overcome Toxic Stress by Hacking Your Nervous System - 7pm on Thursday, Oct 7
- Mental Health: What If We Talked About It? - 1pm on Tuesday, Oct 19
- How to Make Your Inner Critic Your Friend - Noon on Wednesday, Oct 20
- Realistic Resilience: Well-Being During Challenging Times - 7pm on Tuesday, Oct 26
- The Next Decade of Well-Being - 5:45pm on Thursday, Oct 28
Equity, diversity and inclusion; click title to register:
- Making Accessible Videos - Noon on Wednesday, Oct 6
- Celebration of Children's and YA Latin American and Latinx Literature - 5pm on Monday, Oct 11
- Inclusive Recruiting: Creating Belonging - Noon on Tuesday, Oct 19
- Workers with Long COVID-19 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) - 1pm on Tuesday, Oct 19
- Libraries for All: Accessible Library Services for Children with Disabilities and their Families - 2pm on Tuesday, Oct 19
- The Read Woke Movement: What You Can Do Now in Your Library - 4pm on Wednesday, Oct 27
- The Psychological Underpinnings of Making Inclusion a Habit - Noon on Thursday, Oct 28
A sample of webinars on other topics; click title to register:
- Virtual Programming During COVID: What We Wish We had Known in Advance & What We Learned During the Process - 1pm on Wednesday, Oct 6
- Set Up & Deliver 1000 Books Before Kindergarten in Beanstack - Noon on Friday, Oct 8
- Creating a Healthy Culture with Conduct, Communication, and Conflict Resolution - 1pm on Wednesday, Oct 13
- Beanstack Library Administrator Essentials: Admin Tools Tour - 1pm on Wednesday, Oct 13
- Going Virtual: Programs and Insights from a Time of Crisis - 11am on Wednesday, Oct 20
- Libraries as Community Anchors - 2pm on Thursday, Oct 21
Missed a webinar? It might have been archived, so check NEWI’s list of webinar recordings you can watch for free, anytime.
NEWI is a continuing education (CE) partnership of library systems located in North Eastern Wisconsin. The NEWI website aims to be a central source of CE info for staff working at libraries in four library systems: Manitowoc‐Calumet Library System (MCLS), Nicolet Federated Library System (NFLS), Outagamie Waupaca Library System (OWLS), and Winnefox Library System (WLS).
Joy Schwarz, Continuing Education/Training Librarian, Winnefox Library System & NEWI: Northeastern Wisconsin CE Partnership https://newilibraries.org/.