Guest post by Angela Schneider
Here are a few free live and recorded webinars you might enjoy this month as 2022 wraps up. Please check the NEWI list of free webinars to find online continuing education opportunities you may attend from where you are. Most sessions are 60 minutes long and are provided – at no charge to you – by associations, agencies, companies, and library systems. There’s a lot to choose from, so here’s a sample of topics that may be of interest to you.
Fundraising Webinar Series:
(Recordings for all six topics are now available)
- Fundraising Webinar Series: Resources | NEWI: Northeastern Wisconsin CE Partnership (newilibraries.org)
Managing Stress & Building Resilience:
- Rekindling from Burnout: Lessons and Strategies for Public Library Workers – watch the webinar recording
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI):
- Remember Your Patrons Living with Memory Loss – 2pm on Wednesday, December 7
- Practicing Inclusion: Welcoming Transgender Customers & Colleagues – watch the webinar recording
- Library Service for All: Current Trends in Library Programs & Services for Autistic Children and Teens – watch the webinar recording
For the love of reading:
- Winter Book & Author Festival (LJ, SLJ & Penguin Random House) – 10am-5pm on Thursday, December 8
- December CCBC Shorts: a brief monthly look at books for children & teens – 9am on Wednesday, December 14
- Catch up on previous 2022 CCBC Shorts – watch these 30-minute webinar recordings
Others you might enjoy:
- BadgerLink Public Library Resources – 12pm on Tuesday, December 6
- LearningExpress™ Library database – 9am on Thursday, December 8
- Learn About Google Secrets: lesser known Google tools and resources – 4pm on Monday, December 12
- Customer Service for Front Line Staff – watch the webinar recording
See the Wisconsin Libraries Professional Learning Calendar for conferences and other webinars from in-state providers.
NEWI is a continuing education (CE) partnership of library systems located in North Eastern Wisconsin. The NEWI website aims to be a central source of CE info for staff working at libraries in four library systems: Manitowoc‐Calumet Library System (MCLS), Nicolet Federated Library System (NFLS), Outagamie Waupaca Library System (OWLS), and Winnefox Library System (WLS).