Guest post submitted by the IDEA Team:
Planning for the 2024-25 Libraries Talk about Race Project is underway and we are looking for two new IDEA Team members for 2023-2024 and 2024-2025 projects. The IDEA Team is looking for new expertise, insights, and in-the-field/lived experience and you might be just the person to provide that.
Based on feedback gathered in a variety of ways from the Wisconsin library community, here are the projects the IDEA Team is working on, and how new members can potentially help:
- Project #1) Offer Continuing Education opportunities (workshops, speakers, etc.)
- Provide guidance and ideas for continuing development of webinar, workshop, and coaching opportunities, as well as potential logistical assistance.
- Project #2) Develop a statewide support network for BIPOC library staff.
- Help determine goals and structure
- Give input and direction on how the IDEA Team liaison can be most helpful.
- Project #3) A BIPOC-centered one-day conference OR preconference at the 2024 WLA Conference
- Provide guidance on the topics, speakers, structure and marketing. For inspiration, here is a link to a set of links about Minnesota’s BIPOC one-day conference materials.
Time commitments and additional details:
- Monthly 1.5 hour-long meetings on the 3rd Friday of the month from 2-3:30 PM.
- It is not required that you do work outside these meetings, though there are opportunities to help with implementing projects if you are interested.
- This is not a compensated role, you are expected to do this work as part of your job.
Does this interest you?
Complete the IDEA Team Member Application Form and tell us what project(s) you are interested in, how you can contribute to them; and how this opportunity can help you professionally as well.
Please note that with each of these projects there will be additional opportunities to advise and support the IDEA Team, including the creation of an advisory committee.
Have Questions? Please contact Project Leader, Sherry Machones (email@example.com)