Guest post by Joy Schwarz
Please check the NEWI list of free webinars to find online continuing education opportunities you may attend from where you are. Most sessions are 60 minutes long, and are provided – at no charge to you – by associations, agencies, companies, and library systems. There’s a lot to choose from, so here’s a sample of topics that may be of interest to you.
Managing stress & building resilience; click title to register:
- Put Yourself on Top of Your To-Do List: Lessons in Self-Care - Noon on Wednesday, Sep 15
- Embracing Discomfort - 3pm on Thursday, Sep 16
- Compassion Resilience and Anxiety Management During Tough Times - 1 pm on Wednesday, Sep 22
Equity, diversity and inclusion; click title to register:
- Anti-Racist Education: Building Your Inclusive Collection & Curriculum - 1pm on Wednesday, Sep 8
- Autism in Libraries - 1pm on Wednesday, Sep 15
- Developing Welcoming Spaces for Members of the LGBTQ+ Community - 8am on Friday, Sep 17
- New Service Models for Patrons with Intellectual Disability - 1pm on Wednesday, Sep 22
- Voices Matter: The Power of Diversity in Picture Books - 1pm on Wednesday, Sep 22
- Actively Anti-Racist Library Service to Leisure Readers: A Discussion - 1pm on Thursday, Sep 30
Tech Days Webinar Series; click title to register:
- Digital First: All Library Planning Starts with Digital - 10am on Wednesday, Sep 15
- Canva Demo and Q&A - Noon on Wednesday, Sep 15
- Free Online Tools to Increase Your Workflow & Productivity - 1pm on Wednesday, Sep 15
- Video Production: Tools, Tips and Tricks - 10am on Thursday, Sep 16
- Canva Demo and Q&A - Noon on Thursday, Sep 16
- Emerging Tech Trends for 2021 and Beyond - 1pm on Thursday, Sep 16
A sample of webinars on other topics; click title to register:
- Kicked Out!: How to Safely ask Someone to Leave (Without Calling the Police) - 1pm on Thursday, Sep 9
- Beanstack Library Administrator Essentials: Admin Tools Tour - 1pm on Tuesday, Sep 14
- Less Ostrich, More Owl: 5 Steps to Quickly Improve Your Library's Ability to Respond to a Sudden Disaster - Noon on Wednesday, Sep 22
- How to: TikTok - 1pm on Wednesday, Sep 22
- Hiring in 2021 and Beyond - 1pm on Wednesday, Sep 29
- How to Write More Effective Email and Web Content – 2pm on Thursday, Sep 30
Missed a webinar? It might have been archived, so check NEWI’s list of webinar recordings you can watch for free, anytime.
NEWI is a continuing education (CE) partnership of library systems located in North Eastern Wisconsin. The NEWI website aims to be a central source of CE info for staff working at libraries in four library systems: Manitowoc‐Calumet Library System (MCLS), Nicolet Federated Library System (NFLS), Outagamie Waupaca Library System (OWLS), and Winnefox Library System (WLS).
Joy Schwarz, Continuing Education/Training Librarian, Winnefox Library System & NEWI: Northeastern Wisconsin CE Partnership https://newilibraries.org/.