Guest post submitted by Angela Schneider and NEWI
Here are a few free live and recorded webinars you might enjoy. Please check the NEWI list of free webinars to find online continuing education opportunities you may attend from where you are. Most sessions are 60 minutes long and are provided – at no charge to you – by associations, agencies, companies, and library systems. There’s a lot to choose from, so here is a sample of topics that may be of interest to you.
Managing Stress & Building Resilience:
- HOW TO SET BOUNDARIES FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR TEAM, Monday, January 30 at 3pm
- Respond, Don’t React: Making more thought-out responses in emergency and non-emergency situations, February 8 at 1pm
- Managing Escalated Patron Situations Face to Face: Your Questions Answered, February 28 at 3pm
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI):
- Diversity in Genre Fiction with Jasmine Guillory , February 7 at 3pm
- Native Stories, Native Peoples: Opportunities for Library Engagement, February 15 at 2pm
- Read the Rainbow: Serving the LGBTQ+ Community in Your Library, March 8 at 10am
- Planning for Citizen Science Month, February 1 at 1pm
- T(w)eens: Programming, Partnership, and Burnout, February 21 at 1pm
- Serving Homeschooling Families in Your Community, March 1 at 12pm
Others you might enjoy:
- 5 Social Media Tips that Will Help You Turn heads and Raise Funds for Your Nonprofit, January 31 at 12pm
- Conveying Impact Through Data-Driven Storytelling, February 21 at 10am
See the Wisconsin Libraries Professional Learning Calendar for conferences and other webinars from in-state providers.
NEWI is a continuing education (CE) partnership of library systems located in Northeastern Wisconsin. The NEWI website aims to be a central source of CE info for staff working at libraries in four library systems: Manitowoc‐Calumet Library System (MCLS), Nicolet Federated Library System (NFLS), Outagamie Waupaca Library System (OWLS), and Winnefox Library System (WLS).