The Wisconsin Library Association (WLA) is seeking nominations for its annual awards and honors, including:
- WLA Library of the Year: Presented to any type of Wisconsin library, library system or library network for distinguished achievement in service.
- WLA/Demco Librarian of the Year: Sponsored by Demco®, this award recognizes a librarian's outstanding leadership and accomplishment in library service.
- Trustee of the Year: Conferred upon an outstanding Wisconsin library trustee.
- Programming Innovation Award: Presented in recognition of programming leadership in providing innovative and excellent library programming in Wisconsin libraries.
- Citation of Merit: Conferred upon Wisconsin citizens who are neither librarians nor library trustees, who have made outstanding contributions to quality library services.
- Muriel Fuller Award: Named in honor of notable librarian, educator, and long-time library advocate Muriel Fuller (1912-1978), this award is conferred upon a library professional or paraprofessional in recognition of outstanding accomplishments which have significantly improved and benefited library services.
- Special Service Award: Presented to a group of people or an individual for noteworthy achievement as evidenced by substantial activities and exceptional service to the library profession. The Wisconsin recipient or recipients shall have influence and reputation beyond the local community.
Nominations are due September 15, 2022. More detailed award criteria and online nomination forms are available at www.wisconsinlibraries.org/awards-honors. Award recipients of these awards and honors will be recognized in a special ceremony held during the WLA Annual Conference at the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa in Lake Geneva November 1 - 4, 2022.
Guest post from Laura Sauser, Executive Director of the Wisconsin Library Association