Webcasts, Videos, and Online Articles
The following webcasts, videos, and online articles are available to use to learn more about trauma and steps for schools to become more trauma-sensitive.
- Creating Trauma-Sensitive Schools Part 1 – Understanding Childhood Trauma (webcast)
- Creating Trauma-Sensitive Schools Part 2 – Steps to Implementing Trauma-Sensitive Practice into the School Environment (webcast)
- Lincoln High School in Walla Walla, WA, tries new approach to school discipline — suspensions drop 85%
- The secret to fixing school discipline problems? Change the behavior of adults
- The Restorative Justice League of Le Grand High School jumps in to save the day
- San Francisco’s El Dorado Elementary Uses Trauma-Informed & Restorative Practices; Suspensions Drop 89% (article)
- ReMoved (video) – An award-winning video that tells the story of a young girl impacted by complex trauma and placed in foster care
- Why We Need Trauma-Sensitive Schools (video)
- Series of videos created by Madison Metropolitan School District on trauma-informed practices.
For questions about this information, contact Elizabeth Cook (608) 266-1999