The UDL Forward Community is an asynchronous and universally-designed environment in which educators engage in sense-making and resource sharing for UDL implementation. Committing to UDL means creating expert learners, designing environments and experiences with the UDL Guidelines and expert learner characteristics, and supporting systems change ensures equitable educational opportunities and helps Wisconsin educators operationalize the Wisconsin vision for equity.
Join the UDL Forward Community to engage in learning conversations, participate in events, and amplify how UDL is working in your school community. Content, events, and discussions will advance UDL in your practice and in your own professional learning experiences.
Encounter, Apply, and Grow UDL Practices:
- UDL: Becoming Expert Learners: https://media.dpi.wi.gov/sped/udl-becoming-expert-learners/index.html#/
- Experience design that elevates learning expertise, and understand the goal of UDL.
- UDL: Learner Variability: https://media.dpi.wi.gov/sped/udl-learner-variability/index.html#/
- Learn about the brain science behind learner variability and how it can be used when designing learning experiences for all.
- UDL: Predictable Supports: https://media.dpi.wi.gov/sped/udl-predictable-supports/index.html#/
- Understand and use predictable supports as a method to support the learning that matters most.
- UDL: Setting Goals: https://media.dpi.wi.gov/sped/udl-setting-goals/index.html#/
- Orient learning design with flexible goals to honor learner variability.
- UDL: Learning Design: https://media.dpi.wi.gov/sped/udl-learning-design/index.html#/
- Distinguish between lesson planning and learning design to engage learners as decision makers.
- UDL: Assessment: https://media.dpi.wi.gov/sped/udl-assessment/index.html#/
- Uncover how assessment can be used to gather information as to where learners are (right now), how they learn best, and for educators to refine their learning design practices
Click to sign up for UDL Forward’s Learning Design Labs and invite others to join in too!
Questions can be directed to Jayne Bischoff, DPI UDL Consultant at Jayne.Bischoff@dpi.wi.gov.