Next week, on Tuesday, March 10, the WISEdash Public Portal will be updated with certified data from both the 2018-19 and 2019-20 school years. Also on that day, joint federal notification materials will be considered final, with final versions posted in SAFE and relevant reports posted publicly here: https://apps2.dpi.wi.gov/essa/.
On Tuesday, you will find the WISEdash Public Portal updated with these data and dashboards:
- Enrollment, with NEW graphs on students experiencing homelessness and students retained at the end of the year (2019-20)
- Graduation rate (2018-19)
- Attendance, with NEW absenteeism graphs (2018-19)
- Dropout rate (2018-19)
- Discipline (2018-19)
- AP exams (2018-19)
- ACT grad (2018-19 graduates)
- Updated postsecondary enrollment (2018-19 graduates)
DPI will issue a news release on Tuesday with information about 2018-19 graduation rates as part of the WISEdash Public Portal updates.
Final joint federal notification packets will also be available in SAFE on Tuesday. To access your district’s packet, go to SAFE. If you need help accessing the system, please visit the SAFE landing page or complete a Help Ticket.The joint notification packet includes ESSA Accountability Reports, ESSA Progress to Exit Reports, IDEA LEA Determinations, and (new-to-SAFE) IDEA Racial Equity in Special Education Reports. The latter reports are available for each district and include identifications and required actions, if any, for districts identified with racial disproportionality in special education identification, discipline, and/or placement. The reports that are appropriate for public viewing will be posted here: https://apps2.dpi.wi.gov/essa/. Please note that reports only in SAFE should not be released publicly, as they are not redacted and could contain personally identifiable information.
We encourage you to review all reports, regardless of identification status. You may have questions about the data to be released in the WISEdash Public Portal, or about aspects of joint federal notifications. Staff and resources below are available to assist you:
- For questions about the WISEdash Public Portal, please open a help ticket. These About the Data pages are also a great way to learn more about data in WISEdash.
- For questions about News Releases, please contact media inquiries.
- For questions about ESSA accountability calculations, contact the Office of Educational Accountability.
- For questions about ESSA school improvement and supports available to your district, contact the Title I Team.
- For questions about IDEA LEA determinations and Racial Equity in Special Education reports, school improvement and supports for students with disabilities, contact the Special Education Team.