Dear District Administrator,
I am sharing with you updated and new health-related COVID-19 resources from the Department of Public Instruction (DPI). Please email the DPI at COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding these resources.
- A new Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) PowerPoint resource is available with information to train school staff in the proper selection, use, and removal of PPE under COVID-19 conditions. This PowerPoint is posted to the COVID-19 Information for School Health Services webpage under the PPE section. The direct link to a pdf version is at https://dpi.wi.gov/sites/default/files/imce/sspw/pdf/DPI_PPE_For_Schools_COVID_version.pdf and a PowerPoint version, which can be modified as needed, at https://dpi.wi.gov/sites/default/files/imce/sspw/ppt/DPI_PPE_For_Schools_COVID_version.pptx.
- Interim COVID-19 Infection Control and Mitigation Measures for Schools has been updated in regards to cloth face coverings and using facial coverings when supporting students.
- The Interim Infection Control and Mitigation Toolkit now includes:
- Protocol to Send Home for COVID-19 like Symptoms.
- Sample Respiratory Protection Program for COVID-19.
- New tools and resources regarding COVID-19 including School Absence Tracking Sheet (Excel and Google); video demonstrations on use of tracking sheets; Trach Suctioning Procedure; Parent/Student Attestation COVID-19 Symptom Form; and School Staff COVID-19 Tracking Form.