The DPI agency-wide web page covers basic information about the novel coronavirus, critical government updates, and information on instructional areas and resources for schools.
This webpage is designated for COVID-19 information relevant to School Nurses or Health Services Professionals. Practicing 21st Century School Nursing Wisconsin school nurses use the key principles of Community/Public Health, Leadership, Quality Improvement, and Care Coordination as they respond to situations involving SARS-CoV2 (2019 novel coronavirus) and COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019). The following resources are provided to assist school nurses in mitigating the effects of the COVID-19 on their school communities.
COVID-19 Guidance Documents
- Interim COVID-19 Transportation Guidance (9.23.20)
- Interim COVID-19 Infection Control and Mitigation Measures for Schools (12.18.20)
- Interim COVID-19 Cafeterias and Food Service Guidance (9.23.20)
- Using Facial Coverings When Supporting Students
- Guidelines for Prevention, Investigation, and Control of COVID-19 Outbreaks in K-12 School in Wisconsin
School Health Services Infection Control and Mitigation
Communicating COVID-19 Infection Control, Mitigation and Behavioral Expectations
Professional Practice Resources