Important changes for school year 2018-2019
Please note the following changes and improvements:
- New survey software
- Standardized survey administration period:
ALL participating schools will be asked to administer surveys during odd-numbered Springs (e.g., Jan-March of 2019) to streamline the process and improve data quality.
- Standardized questionnaires
- Rather than allowing schools to create a questionnaire from our online question bank, the new system will feature standard high school and middle school questionnaires. This will reduce decision-making and allow for more consistent local, state, and national comparisons. A select number of supplemental question modules (e.g., expanded versions of the survey) will also be available for schools that want to dive deeper into a key topic area.
- Better integration with Wisconsin’s statewide survey, to reduce survey burden on schools
- More support for collection of data countywide
More information on how to register for the Spring 2019 Survey will be available soon!
Schools that wish to administer their survey in the fall may do so IF:
- They understand that fall 2018 will be the last time fall surveys are available
- They are NOT part of the 2019 statewide YRBS sample. Sampled schools will be contacted by DPI at the beginning of the school year.
- Schools that have used the OYRBS prior to July 2018 can still access their old reports by logging into the administration site for the previous WI Online Youth Risk Behavior System.
For user support questions about how to access and use the OYRBS system, please contact Mariah Geiger, (608) 266-2684.
For questions about survey methodology and/or how to use your data, please contact Kate McCoy, (608) 266-0506.